News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FREE for cost of shipping from Canada - E1 handset in "hot mess" condition

Started by Bridie, August 26, 2021, 01:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bridie

Hi ya, it's been a long time since I posted, as I decided collecting rotary phones was too expensive a hobby for my location and budget.  I have a couple of old beat-up phone parts I'd like to get rid of so would like to post them here in case anyone wants them for free (just cost of shipping).

I have an E1 (seamless I believe) handset that came from a 1931 Western Electric 202 D2 telephone.  I honestly don't know if anyone here could do anything with it, as it is well and truly a hot mess.  The receiver is cracked.  Neither the receiver nor the mouthpiece/spitcup will come off.  Whether they're seized up or glued, I don't know.  It came to me this way and I've been unable to do anything with it, so it's just sat in a box for years.  I'm hoping someone will be able to salvage something from it and I'd be happy to give it a member here for just the cost of shipping.  I can take more photos if anyone needs more details photos.

Hopefully the photos will clearly show how much of a mess it is, and members can decide if it's even worth the cost of shipping.  If so, I can get an estimate for you.  I'm in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Thanks a million!
Bridget

FABphones

Hey Bridie, don't be a stranger, good to 'see' you.

Many here will be in need of spares/repairs for their own collection, thanks for the kind thought of offering it to crpf members.
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Bridie

Thanks a million - good to "see" you as well! :D  I should really visit more often.  Just cos I don't collect them anymore doesn't mean I don't appreciate them.  In fact, I'm finally getting a shift on with restoring my WE 202 I've had for years.  I'd gotten a gorgeous restored dial for it a few years ago, and a pristine handset locally, but hadn't gotten around to attempting to paint it.  In the end, I've decided to do it right and have it professionally done - powder-coated and cured.  I'll post photos of it here when I've finished it.  At my rate, it will likely still be a matter of months!

I'm hoping someone can make some sort of use of the handset.  It looks to me to be a write-off but other members would know better than me.  I also have a beaten-up non-working AE dial that might be useful for parts.  I'll post that later.

Quote from: FABphones on August 26, 2021, 01:34:25 PM
Hey Bridie, don't be a stranger, good to 'see' you.

Many here will be in need of spares/repairs for their own collection, thanks for the kind thought of offering it to crpf members.
:)
Bridget