"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pay Station Enclosures

Started by Pourme, December 06, 2021, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

~

I spent the weekend with my sister. I was talking phones with relatives and got a lead on a neighbor that had 20-30 enclosures. When I told one relative I was going to look at some enclosures he said he has a pedestal type he would give me if I wanted it.
I pulled the one pictured below out of his basement.

On to "Kenny" that works for what used to be Concord Telephone Concord, NC also CTC Public Phone Services then Windstream. They were scrapping these and let him have them. After a introduction and conversation, he gave me my choice of enclosures. Three of us scavenged the lot & made a wise choice. He gave me a telephone book holder which I left behind, I'll get later. The enclosure I choose was kept out of the sun for it's service life. As result, the fiberglass side panels weren't fried & didn't have Windstream stickers on them.

The pedestal is the oldest and in good condition. Both have lighting. I will definitely remove the Windstream stickers covering up the original lettering.

Not bad. TWO phone enclosures for free on the same day and I wasn't expecting it at all!

~
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

Benny

Key2871

What a cool find. Are all the parts there so if you wanted to mount a phone?
Because those could be hard  to find.
KEN

FABphones

Really pleased for you, what a nice surprise - and just in time for Christmas.

Nothing like that in this part of the world, but I'd like to install something like this outside the stables and have a phone connected up to the house.

Any idea yet where you will put them?

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

~
Quote from: Key2871 on December 06, 2021, 08:12:11 PM
What a cool find. Are all the parts there so if you wanted to mount a phone?
Because those could be hard  to find.

My parents live in Concord so I go often. I rarely drive my truck, this time I did, or I wouldn't have been able to bring these home when offered to me. Guess what I'm saying is I haven't really thought much past the shock of having them, at this point.
I'm sure there are hardware pieces that will be required to make these functional which brings into focus CJ's remark...

Quote from: FABphones on December 07, 2021, 03:50:28 AM
Really pleased for you, what a nice surprise - and just in time for Christmas.

Nothing like that in this part of the world, but I'd like to install something like this outside the stables and have a phone connected up to the house.

Any idea yet where you will put them?

:)

Well....I have a pool deck? I haven't crossed that bridge with my wife yet. She frowned on the idea of my emergency, lockable type Bell South phone unit poolside...we'll see!
Benny

Key2871

Well you lucked out. And hope you can get any pieces you may need in the future.
KEN

Pourme

~

Thanks, a blind dog finds a bone now and then!
Benny

Key2871

KEN