"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How do you shave?

Started by dsk, July 19, 2013, 03:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Just cleaning up, and this popped up?

Is it any interst for such things out there? Or should I just throw it away?

(Have to admit to stick to Philshave)

dsk

paul-f

Personally, I have a beard and only give it the occasional trim with scissors.

Of course, that has nothing to do with collecting.  Try an internet search for "razor collector" and you'll find folks that have contracted razoritis -- including:

http://razorcollector.com/

http://www.razorarchive.com/about.html

(Do we have to remind you to never throw anything away?)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

TelePlay

Those are worth good money on eBay. Search on Shick or Gillette to find where they are listed and see what they have sold for. You will be amazed at how much you can get for some of that stuff.

dsk

Thank you for the hints.

I didn't imagine. :o

It may pay for a 3 slot rotary  :)

Its on my wish list. Glad I didn't throw it.

I store it to after the summer holiday, right now we have just great weather  ;D

dsk

Greg G.

Quote from: dsk on July 19, 2013, 03:59:08 AM
Just cleaning up, and this popped up?

Is it any interst for such things out there? Or should I just throw it away?

dsk

Name any artifact, and somewhere there are people who collect them.  Vintage razors are very collectible to some.  In answer to your question, I use twin-blade disposables and Barbasol, nothing fancy.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

HOT water (!!!) :o :o :o Brush, mug, Williams Mug Soap, most often,alternated with J.M. Fraser's Shaving Cream when pressed for time. Tabac Original Rasier Creme, for special occasions.

'61 Gillette adjustable, Parker 22R , and/or several straight (cutthroat) razors. Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum Coated Blades, when I have my druthers. Wilkinson Sword, Schick, and Merkur Super Platinum are excellent runner-ups, in that order of quality. Gillette 7 O' Clock are face manglers. :o :o

If you didn't learn to shave this way, Gentlemen, you are missing out on the greatest shaving experience a man can give his face, imho. Exponentially closer, smoother shave, far greater exfoliation than with any canned shaving cream or gel, any cartridge ($$$!!!) razor, or electric. No contest, whatsoever.

Let me know if you have any interest in learning, or re-learning about wet shaving; I'm glad to help!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Doug Rose

NEVER!!! Just a weekly trim
Kidphone

twocvbloke

Very carefully with a gillette Mach3 in the shower, also does my armpits too (saves on using deodorant (but I can't use that anyway as it gives me a rash), as the smell-making bacteria thrive in the follicles), where I have to be really careful...  :D

I don't use any canned foams, I just whip up some soap foam in my hands with whatever bar of soap I'm using, works well enough for me, though I couldn't care less whether I get a super-close shave and have a face as smooth as a baby's rear... :D

McHeath

Ha, an interesting topic.

Well depends on what time frame you ask me.  From the start to the late 90's was with a Norelco electric. 

Then until this year with a razor in the shower.

Then this year with shaving cream and a razor and the sink.

Facial hair ran from a mustache for a good decade, a goatee added to the stash for a decade, an occasional full beard here and there, and now-a-days clean shaven.