News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Number Labels on phones

Started by dc4code, May 03, 2018, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

How can I create the little pieces of paper with the phone number and area code for in the middle of the dial pad on a rotary phone? I want it to look vintage and from the time, any such editable templates or anything?

Key2871

There are still places that make them and you can buy them..
Otherwise get an 1.5" disc cutter. I had one, but I don't know where it is anymore. That's how I made mine, and reproduction dial center's.
KEN

jsowers

The number card archive has hundreds of them and they can be printed out. Some cards print better than others and there's a link at the bottom of their main page with instructions on how to print the cards. Just please be true to the brand of your phone and put an AE card on an AE phone and a WE card on a WE phone. To me, nothing is tackier than a Bell Logo card on an AE phone or an AE card on a Bell phone.

http://www.telephonearchive.com/numbercards/

It's also nice to be true to the era your phone was originally made, so a card with a spelled-out prefix would look nice on a 1950s era phone. The 1960s was a mixture of the earlier spelled-out prefix, two-letter+5-number with area code and then all numbers with an area code by the late 1960s. The 1970s and 80s were just an area code and 7-digit phone number. And modular phones from WE had an "M" on the card in the late 1970s.

Good luck in your efforts and get back to us with a picture of your phone with its number card on display.
Jonathan

FABphones

I'd like to thank jsowers for that link and info too.
Cheers.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

Oh cool, I'm still working on finding all the stuff there is to find on the site.
KEN