News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 564 wiring question

Started by L-20, November 14, 2017, 05:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-20

I recently picked up a great condition 564, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to wire it to work by itself with a standard phone cord (or an equivalent - mine has the colors orange, orange/white, blue, and blue/white, corresponding with yellow, black, red and green).
Its original cord has been cut off, but I've left the wires from it where they are. I tried to re wire the ringer and handset but I haven't gotten any response from it yet.
Any help is appreciated!

poplar1

Connect the blue and blue-white (or red and green) of the new cord to 1R and 1T -- these are bottom left screw terminals. Connect the red ringer to 1R and the black ringer wire to 1T.

Connect the handset as follows:

White to GN
Black to B
Red to R
Other white to R

You will need to push the 2nd button from left to access line 1.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

L-20

Quote from: poplar1 on November 14, 2017, 06:48:36 PM
Connect the blue and blue-white (or red and green) of the new cord to 1R and 1T -- these are bottom left screw terminals. Connect the red ringer to 1R and the black ringer wire to 1T.

Connect the handset as follows:

White to GN
Black to B
Red to R
Other white to R

You will need to push the 2nd button from left to access line 1.
Thank you! Works perfectly!
Would you happen to know a way to get the light to work as well?

Babybearjs

I can help with the light.... its been awhile since I tinkered with this but here it goes: apply power to the A-lead and Lamp ground, install a jumper from "H1" to the first lamp terminal, L1. when you lift the receiver, and push the first line button the lamp will also come on... Use a 9 volt power supply as the lamp is only 10 volts. If you use a 12 volt power supply, it will work also, but the life of the lamp will be diminished. this is the  "easy" way to get the light to work. the other way is to hook the phone up to a full key telephone system as shown here.....
John