News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Deadbeat ebaY Buyers & Sellers (No Current ebaY "Problems" Please!)

Started by AE_Collector, October 05, 2013, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

In researching ebaY Buyers and Sellers for the ebaY Handles List I come upon some interesting things.

This "Seller" (term used very loosely) has a Feedback Rating of NEGATIVE TWO. It looks quite likely that he set up an account, listed something of a fairly high value, got a buyer and the payment and then vanished off the face of the earth.

This one is long gone..."Not A Registered User" etc. Please don't use this to post any current ebaY "deadbeats" as we have don't want to get into any on-line battles with anyone but anything quite old, Not Registered etc should be okay.

They're out there....

Terry

seller75007
http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seller75007&ftab=AllFeedback

Deadbeat bidder. No payment, no contact. BEWARE!
26-Dec-06 02:57

Stuck me for five thousand dollars in one day - two auctions
30-Dec-06 15:49

I thought it was just me he was signing up for and no help from ebay at all!
30-Dec-06 15:49

twocvbloke

Yep, you get "sellers" like that a lot, list items people really want, they bid & pay, then everything magically disappears along with the money... ::)

Kind of like that GPO 782-style Direct Line phone (red phone with wheels) I bought, the seller just seemed to disappear, and they ended up with a -xx number feedback as some other buyers bought things off them and of course are now also under the "Not A Registered User" title...

Got my money back though, but have yet to get myself one of those Direct Line phones... :D

AE_Collector

I still say the seller went out to the road and gave it a real good push in your direction only he either miscalculated or didnt wind up quite enough.

Terry

twocvbloke

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the way that most of these "deadbeat" sellers work, find photos of stuff that sells well, list a few items, rake in the cash, scarper and pretend everything's peachy, until Paypal pulls the money back and they find themselves out of pocket... :D

southernphoneman

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 05, 2013, 06:59:59 PM
Yep, you get "sellers" like that a lot, list items people really want, they bid & pay, then everything magically disappears along with the money... ::)

Kind of like that GPO 782-style Direct Line phone (red phone with wheels) I bought, the seller just seemed to disappear, and they ended up with a -xx number feedback as some other buyers bought things off them and of course are now also under the "Not A Registered User" title...

Got my money back though, but have yet to get myself one of those Direct Line phones... :D
I had similar experience,seller posted a photo of a 1951 western electric 500,i won bid and paid for the item seller never shipped and I open up a case through pay pal and got my money back, the seller did that to 6 or 7 others and the seller ended getting thrown off of ebay, Gregg

TelePlay

That first case from 2006 must have been before PayPal changed the way they transfer money to new seller's. About a year ago, I bought a lamp stick for a cheap BIN price and it didn't show up. Wasn't even being shipped. I asked the seller why and they said they didn't get my money from PayPal. They needed the money to pay for shipping. Turned out PayPal wouldn't release the money to a new seller until after the item was received and feedback given. If I remember correctly, PayPal gave them a partial payment to cover shipping. One has to have a history now of a certain number of completed and delivered sales to get all of the money right away I guess to avoid these con seller's getting the money held back by PayPal. Big seller's on the forum can add to this or correct me if I'm wrong.

AE_Collector

Quote from: TelePlay on October 06, 2013, 06:52:06 AM
About a year ago, I bought a lamp stick for a cheap BIN price and it didn't show up. Wasn't even being shipped. I asked the seller why and they said they didn't get my money from PayPal.

I remeber that, we must have discussed it on here. Catch 22...no money to ship it so no feedback left so no funds released. Repeat as neccesary!

Terry

ESalter

That's right.  I've bought and sold things on eBay for years with my dad's account, but maybe 4 or so years ago I got my own account.  It was like that for me at first, they withheld the funds for 30 days or 3 days after the item was delivered or positive feedback was received.  It was like that for almost everything at first, but then was only for items in categories I hadn't sold in before.  After my feedback was over 50 or so, it stopped happening completely.

---Eric