News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1937 302 Telephone

Started by persido, March 18, 2014, 02:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

The other day was on eBay checking out phones, I came across a new item that was just listed that day.

1937 model 302 telephone.
The photo did not show any of the gems the early 302's have.  There where no bids on it yet, it had an option to buy now for $170, so I bought it, it  came today.  All I can say is wow, I'm so happy I was on eBay at the right time. 
The phone has the short ears, the small plungers, the vent in the back the F1 handset is dated 6-37, and the phone is dated 4-37, and it has the riveted feet. The only thing that is not original is the coiled handset cord. I Tested it out, it calls out and has a nice loud ring, this phone ROCKS!!!!!!!

Matilo Telephones

Very nice find! Label original? Your first 302?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Mr. Bones

Quote from: persido on March 18, 2014, 02:07:21 PM
1937 model 302 telephone.
This phone ROCKS!!!!!!!
Very nice score on a great phone!

I'd have done the same thing; just bought my oldest 302, a 7/39, waiting for it to arrive. $75.00 BIN
7/39 302

Enjoy your new treasure! 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

persido

The dial card is not original to the phone the card holder  was empty. This is my 28th 302.

Scot

WesternElectricBen

Nice, great deal too, I'm very envious..

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, all I can say is WOW! The paint is in very nice shape, and it looks like it could polish out nicely.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

Scot, is the dial a 4H or 5H and what is the date on the back? Also, could you see if there is a complete date inside the transmitter cavity--month-day-year?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

persido

Hey poplar1

I opened the phone up, and took more pictures , I could not find any dates on the transmitter or anywhere else except on the base 4-37. On the ringer I found B1A, the dial is 5H, can not see any dates if there are any.

Scot