News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sniper Program

Started by Fabius, October 26, 2014, 08:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

I'd like recommendations on getting an eBay sniper program please. Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Kenton K

Gixen has worked great for me.

KK

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

twocvbloke

I use this site for my sniping needs (mainly use it as I forget to bid on things!!):

https://www.myibidder.com/

The free option is all web-based, so you don't need a computer left running to use it, and you can also use browser plugins (for Firefox, Chrome, IE and Opera, go to "Downloads" then "Free Stuff" on the site) to add items to the bidding list without having to go directly to their website... :)

No need to set up an account, just log in with your ebay account user & password and it saves them for use only when needed... :)

There's also a Windows program to do the same, but, it's $14.99 and I'm a cheapskate... :)

Slal

E-Snipe is another one.  It requires buying 'bid points' which is controversial among some, but 15 bucks gets me 1,500 points and that's easily paid for itself.  Hasn't failed me yet unless snipe unrealistically low, or (on some auctions) I forget to check & if reserve is met. 

Fabius

Quote from: Slal on October 27, 2014, 05:38:29 PM
E-Snipe is another one.  It requires buying 'bid points' which is controversial among some, but 15 bucks gets me 1,500 points and that's easily paid for itself.  Hasn't failed me yet unless snipe unrealistically low, or (on some auctions) I forget to check & if reserve is met.

I have two (free) snipes set up on E-Snipe right now. We'll see how it goes. Pretty simple to use. I'll be checking out the others suggested.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Dennis Markham

I use mybidder as well.  Always works for me...when I wager enough money.

Doug Rose

Never used a snipe service.  Never will. Way too many horror stories about secure and not secure. To me...its just not worth it. If I didn't bid enough, I didn't bid enough....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 27, 2014, 08:33:42 PM
Never used a snipe service.  Never will. Way too many horror stories about secure and not secure. To me...its just not worth it. If I didn't bid enough, I didn't bid enough....Doug

That's a valid concern. That's why my PayPal account is tied to a checking account I only use for eBay. I keep a $1 in it and there's no overdraft protection. I only add money if I win something.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

twocvbloke

I've been using MyIbidder for quite few years now, and never had any security issues with them or my ebay account (and paypal has a separate and unrelated password so someone would really need to do their homework to make use of my account anyway), the only problems I've had with it is when the summer time changes occur and their system bids an hour early or late, so I tend to not use it around that time (which is about this present time of year incidentally)... :)

And bidding enough on an auction isn't the reason I use it, I've not bid enough & lost a lot of times when I have used it (you set your own maximum bid, rather than have it bid 'til you win), I just use it when I find something I really want and know I'll forget about until long after the auction ends or I sleep through the end due to my sleep disorder (and I've yet to work out how to bid in my sleep!!), so I prefer to think of it as an automatic bidder rather than a sniper, yeah it's set to bid in the last 6 seconds, but I do that with auctions anyway as bidding 6 days ahead of the end is a wasted effort as people end up paying more than they need to otherwise... :)

Sargeguy

I use EZ-Sniper.  I agree with twovcbloke-it is an automatic bidder.  It reduces the stress of having to get on-line, bidding at work and other such nonsense.  I set it for the maximum I am willing to pay, but EZ-Sniper bids in the last few seconds so that someone cannot base what they are willing to pay upon my max bid.  I'd rather have someone say "Darn I would should have bid more than that!" than "I guess I can bid more than that".
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

I'm in that camp too.  Not so much for security issues, but because I don't buy many phones on ebay mostly due to the shipping costs nearly always making it not worth it.  For other items, I just put in the most I'm willing to pay for anything (my max amount - shipping cost = my max bid) and just let it go. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Slal

Got tired of shill bidders & having to stay up until last few minutes so finally threw in towel for sniping.   

Fortunately bank really good about security.  Many moons ago did an "OBO" (accepted), bought a jazz record "BIN" and actually won an auction-- all within 30 minutes of each other.  About an hour later got a call from my bank's fraud dept.

"Have you made any purchases through pay-pal this evening?"

Told them keep up the good work!

--Bruce   

HarrySmith

Quote from: Brinybay on October 28, 2014, 04:09:06 PM

I'm in that camp too.  Not so much for security issues, but because I don't buy many phones on ebay mostly due to the shipping costs nearly always making it not worth it.  For other items, I just put in the most I'm willing to pay for anything (my max amount - shipping cost = my max bid) and just let it go. 

So, which one do you use, Brinybay?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 28, 2014, 08:21:22 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on October 28, 2014, 04:09:06 PM

So, which one do you use, Brinybay?

None, that was my point.  I just put in a max bid via the regular process and let it run it's course, win or lose.  Although I have done "sniping" in the past a few times, I didn't use a special program for it, I did it live.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e