News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone dialer

Started by Firefyter-Emt, March 02, 2009, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefyter-Emt

Not sure if this is a killer deal or not, but I think it was decent.  I picked up a dedicated phone dialer for my office.  Most of the time I am not calling numbers with the "press this for this" system, but I do have to if I call into the main office.  I have been using my cordless phone, but I want to get rid of that phone in my office and replace it with a nice answering machine in stainless steel that I plan to win on e-bay.  (If not, there are more.  ;D)

Anyway, the seller is in the UK, but shipped it will be just over $10.00 USD
Because it's a BIN auction and he has 10 more for sale, I figured someone here might want one too.  The guy seems to have great feed back too, 100% with 1600+ sales.

http://tinyurl.com/cgtexr

Dan/Panther

I bought the exact same unit from Phoneworks in Canada awhile back, and paid $20.00 for it, without the soft case. When it arrived the original package said $4.95. I posted that I felt it was price gouging, and was told, that if I thought it was a good deal that I shouldn't (expletive deleted). Well, yes you are getting a good deal.
I like mine, but it won't work on all dial phones, if the transmitter is weak, it just doesn't work, I've had the problem mostly on non-WE phones.
It works great on  all 500's, so far.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Perry

I have one from that UK seller. My experience was similar to Dan/Panther's. It didn't work at all on my Kellogg Redbar phone. It works well on my Western Electric and North Electric phones.

Dan/Panther

On non WE phones, I found that if I manipulate the unit, I can at times get it to at least accept input, but it's usually an incorrect input. I really don't understand what the problem is ? It's loud, maybe just not quite on frequency.
D/P

Firefyter-Emt

Well, it sounds like it's a good thing I plan to use this on a WE-500 then! 

Any input on the 302's?  I have been eyeballing them to "back date" my office desk a bit more.

Sweet day, I won that answering machine too!  If you have to have one (I do) and have phone company voice mail, this is almost vintage machine age looking enough to fit my office desk.  It does match my stainless steel desk lamp so it will not stand out too bad.

Dan

Quote from: Firefyter-Emt on March 02, 2009, 02:38:19 PM
Not sure if this is a killer deal or not, but I think it was decent.  I picked up a dedicated phone dialer for my office.  Most of the time I am not calling numbers with the "press this for this" system, but I do have to if I call into the main office.  I have been using my cordless phone, but I want to get rid of that phone in my office and replace it with a nice answering machine in stainless steel that I plan to win on e-bay.  (If not, there are more.  ;D)

Anyway, the seller is in the UK, but shipped it will be just over $10.00 USD
Because it's a BIN auction and he has 10 more for sale, I figured someone here might want one too.  The guy seems to have great feed back too, 100% with 1600+ sales.

http://tinyurl.com/cgtexr

I ordered the exact thing from the exact seller. It works on my 500 and 302, it's nice and I would recommend it
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Perry

I like that answering machine. Is it stainless steel? It's difficult (impossible?) to find a decent answering machine (not built into a phone) that is in current production.

Firefyter-Emt

Thanks, when I did a little sleuthing, I found it to be referred to as "stainless steel look" Si I assume a fake plastic.  I hope it looks as nice in person as the photo does.  I only paid about $20 shipped off e-bay, so it's not a huge loss and will look better than having a second phone at my desk.

Bill Cahill

Thanks!! I ordered two from Britain!!!1  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Just a little trick I found with these tone dialers.
Make sure you have the microphone ring squared to the transmitters ring, and flush. If not I can almost guarantee an false dial or none at all. These are neet little items, but frankly a little awkward to use at first.
D/P

gpo706

Yes got the same from the seller for my GPO phones, some it works others don't want to play.

Can't get it to work on any WE phones I have though.

Its a nice gizmo though, mine came with the leatherette case but no instructions, no probs the bloke just scanned them and emailed them to to me.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dan/Panther

Quote from: gpo706 on August 02, 2009, 01:21:46 PM
Yes got the same from the seller for my GPO phones, some it works others don't want to play.

Can't get it to work on any WE phones I have though.

Its a nice gizmo though, mine came with the leatherette case but no instructions, no probs the bloke just scanned them and emailed them to to me.

That's odd because W.E. are the only ones mine works with ??? Maybe our phone system is slightly off freq to your, I assume you are in Australia ?
D/P

HobieSport

I assume you are in Australia ?

That would be good.

Is it true that in Australia some of the telephones ring backwards and yet sound similar to American Telephones?

I'm just teasing in due respect.
-Matt

gpo706

I wish I were in Oz, here in damp, dreich UK.

Some GPO it works on some it doesn't, no luck with any WE.

I've found it usually works if I can hear the tones coming back through the earpiece when using it, maybe I have some dud transmitters on some phones?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"