News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

40 year quest for color 302’s

Started by skyrider, October 11, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyrider

I found my first color 302 a stained ivory in 1978 in Oakland Park Florida. I gave a Lady $5.00 and changed out all the housings with new shinny housings on her phones. She was happy I was very happy. 20 years later I found a green 302 paid around $200.00 for it, again very happy soon after found a Peking red and Rose Pink. I paid about $225.00 and $250.00 for them, again very happy. On Oct. 8th 2018 I won a eBay auction for a Dark Blue 302, I paid $535.00 for it which is the most I've ever paid for a phone. I am very very very happy. The blue arrived this afternoon and looks much better that the auction photos. It is missing a mounting cord and transmitter capsule and has a metal finger wheel on the 5J dial. I guess patients pays off, I had doubted I would ever find a blue 302 I could afford, so tonight I'm a very very very happy phone collector.

Bill Compton

Jim Stettler

Nice find at a nice price.  I assume we shall see it in the find of the month contest?
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

skyrider

Maybe! A few more photos.

Bill

Doug Rose

Bill...Outstanding...you got a deal. Was it a BIN?....I have a clear #5 fingerwheel if you are planning on swapping it out. PM Me if you want it. Let me see if I have a 9 49 transmitter, is that the correct date?......Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

~

Very good!....Congratulations on your find! I'm very happy for you....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

skyrider

Thanks for your kind comments. It was a auction with a starting bid of $399.00 I was watching it and there were no bids until under 8 seconds. The other bidders top bid was $525.00 and I had bid a bit more so I got it for $535.00. I think it ran under the radar for some reason, maybe it looked too dark. Was anyone else watching it?
Doug I will pm you later.

Bill

Jim Stettler

Quote from: skyrider on October 11, 2018, 07:00:09 PM
Thanks for your kind comments. It was a auction with a starting bid of $399.00 I was watching it and there were no bids until under 8 seconds. The other bidders top bid was $525.00 and I had bid a bit more so I got it for $535.00. I think it ran under the radar for some reason, maybe it looked too dark. Was anyone else watching it?
Doug I will pm you later.

Bill
I was aware of of the auction. I wasn't a player, But I am glad a member found it.
Jim
You live, You learn,

FABphones

Well done on your win.
Could you pop a photo on this thread of them all side by side.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

Quote from: skyrider on October 11, 2018, 05:44:20 PM
I paid $535.00 for it which is the most I've ever paid for a phone.

Bill Compton
The most I ever paid for a phone was $650.00 for a Strowger stick. I try to to keep my limit to around $100-200. Sometimes as high as $300-$350.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Pourme

Quote from: FABphones on October 11, 2018, 07:32:15 PM
Well done on your win.
Could you pop a photo on this thread of them all side by side.  :)

Prepare them for their "glamour shot"!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

paul-f

That's a great addition to your collection, Bill!

Is the housing marked H1 on the inside back edge, or some other code?

The ringer is interesting. Any markings on it?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

I was going to ask about the ringer also. It appears to be a frequency ringer. Possibly SC?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

skyrider

More photos hope this helps. My wife loves to use the red and green 302 sets at Christmas. My Rose Pink sets are in storage, along with another green, a red w/o a dial in poor shape,4 or 5 Ivory. I keep a few phones on top of book cases in living room. The blue 302 on your left is painted looks nice. Glad I can replace it with the real one.

Bill

skyrider

A few more photos