News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Member Introduction - Dave Zemens

Started by Dave Zemens, November 24, 2010, 11:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Zemens

I just wanted to offer an introduction as I joined the forum a couple days ago.

I am a friend of Dennis Markham's and live in the same area in Michigan.  I'm retired and hang around the house a lot.  I have some varied interests including a small website design business. I fool around with a number of small niche market websites and try to earn a little money doing advertising on those sites. I am also am a member of the city council in the city where I live. Last but certainly not least I am an avid semi-professional dog walker.

I have several Western Electric 500's left over from several years back when I dabbled in cleaning them up and reselling them on eBay.  I still have one red 500 hooked up and working that Dennis gave me as a birthday gift four years ago.  The phone and it's components were made one day before or one day after my birthday in 1955 and it was great of Dennis to located a phone made at the time of my birth.

If it's OK I'll hang around and comment on things from time to time.  Thanks for having me.
Dave Zemens
1955 Design | Rochester, Michigan
Website Design & Development
Custom WordPress Themes & Plugins

stub

Dave Zemens ,
                       Welcome to the Forum , by all means hang out all you want and post pictures of your phones, or better yet, post pictures of Dennis' hidden stash of phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dave Zemens

Thanks to both for the welcome.

Dennis has a secret stash, I'm quite certain, but they've been locked in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch and only The Great Carnac has the key.

;D
Dave Zemens

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dave Zemens on November 24, 2010, 11:57:45 PM

Dennis has a secret stash, I'm quite certain, but they've been locked in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch and only The Great Carnac has the key.

;D

YES!!!....a Carson fan!

Terry

LarryInMichigan

Welcome Dave.  Its always nice to have another Michigander (especially from metro Detroit) here. 

Larry

Dave Zemens

Thanks Larry.  I'm right in downtown Rochester, not too far from Dennis, and enjoying the advent of the Big Bright Light Show for another year!

www.RochesterMich.com
Dave Zemens

Dave Zemens

Speaking of Dennis (We were, weren't we?) here's a photo of him from almost four years ago.  And he's talking on a rotary phone.  Go figure!   ;)

http://www.stoneycreekwebdesign.com/blog/?p=87
Dave Zemens

Dennis Markham

Now you're off topic Dave.  You're the new member, not me.  Everyone knows me already.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Dave;
Welcome..
Any friend of Dennis' is highly suspect..... :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dave Zemens on November 24, 2010, 11:57:45 PM

;D

Dave:
Welcome to the forum. Your nice looking 11-11-55 red WE500 phone is one of the reasons that pushed me into the phone collecting hobby.  I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

I have seen Dennis' dungeon. You have to go through a TSA like check before you are allowed there.  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Jorge, that's funny.  But the TSA type check occurs as one is LEAVING the dungeon.  :)

LarryInMichigan

It's quite a dungeon.  I escaped with a phone from it :)

Larry

Phonesrfun

-Bill G