A short video of a phone booth

Started by Jim Stettler, March 07, 2017, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

mentalstampede

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

I've saved two of them. :)

Pourme

Sorry...

I flew off the hook.....

Ha!...Good video!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

Rather timely that this was posted this week. One last hold-out for public pay phones (at least in north/eastern new york state) is Stewarts shops. These both serve as store to store phones (funny to hear them ring) as well as serve the public. Just this monday a co-worker's car broke down and his iphone died shortly there after.....so where did the call come from.....a pay phone! Was actually refreshing to hear the "clunk" as it was put back on the hookat the end of the call.
TWinbrook7

oldguy

I liked the "I flew of the hook" too. Great video.
Gary

mentalstampede

I'm not in New York, but the last telco-operated payphones in my town were all pulled out last summer. They were AE-120Bs, operated by Windstream. Before that they were Alltel, and before that Verizon South and GTE. Most of them had previously been removed after the GTE-Bell Atlantic merger in 2000, but once Verizon sold its Kentucky operations to Alltel many of them were put back in. And now they're gone again. Nothing but a tiny handful of COCOTs left now.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein