News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Are all turquoise colours the same in all models of phones?

Started by 11furby11, March 26, 2011, 10:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 27, 2011, 08:10:51 PM
Believe it or not, they have found radiation from Japan in MA. I just saw it on the news. It poses no threat, but it is a concern.

I heard that as well.  With all the spin doctors out there, do you really believe there's no threat?

The other good spin story recently was the report from Japan that radiation levels were 10 million times the accepted level. Then they "recalculated" and restated the number as "only" 100,000 times the accepted level.  What a relief!   :o :o
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

GG

We got a good drench here in California, but we need the rain, and this summer we'll all be glad for it when we can do things like wash our cars. 

The radiation from Japan is equal to about one extra millirad per year, compared to a normal yearly dose of about 300 millirads, so it's insignificant.  Coal combustion produces about 24,000 fatalities per year in the US due to respiratory illness, so I'd happily live downwind from a nuclear plant any day, but not a coal plant.

Does anyone here know how the landline infrastructure in Japan fared after the quake?  I assume any area hit by the tsunami will have to rebuild its power & telecoms grid from scratch.