News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Trying to get 1D2 (I believe) working in home...need some assistance.

Started by the_buzz_man, February 16, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_buzz_man

I moved another phone to this line and I do believe I can hear a faint bit of static, but not nearly as bad. Do these handsets have something that may be amplifying the noise? I think what I will try tomorrow, weather permitting, is going and hooking up straight to the outside box where the phone line comes out from the fiber box.

One question right now though...in the pic below, what is the little green board that I have outlined in red for? The only thing hooked to it is the red wire coming from the ringer. I removed the terminals that was above this board and hooked directly into the controller board with my phone line to remove one possible source of bad connections.

Thanks for the info,

the_buzz_man

Payphone installer

to test a different dial or handset dont take the whole thing apart just hold a handset in your hand and plug it into the dial. Do the same with a different dial and handset. One more thing I just thought of is there DSL on this line and does it require any type of filter?

the_buzz_man

Quote from: Payphone installer on February 21, 2018, 03:09:57 PM
to test a different dial or handset dont take the whole thing apart just hold a handset in your hand and plug it into the dial. Do the same with a different dial and handset. One more thing I just thought of is there DSL on this line and does it require any type of filter?

No DSL here, so no filters being used.

I have gone ahead and ordered another handset which should be here in a couple of days. We will see if that helps any.

the_buzz_man

Sigmaz

Maybe someone can chime in here to help me remember..

I remember one of my old (meaning no longer here) phones that had the Gemini dial setup had to have two of the pins jumpered on the 11 pin round connector to pass audio properly.

I had to wrap a bare wire around pins 5 & 6 connecting them to one another.

I'm pretty sure that's a Gemini but I cant confirm because I have only WE dial assemblies on the shelf.

Also, are you sure the handset plug is oriented correctly on the pins?
I have sometimes found myself mixing up which way it came off by 1/4 turn or more incorrect.

I should ask if you are hearing sidetone? Without actually hearing what you're hearing I can only speculate and in full disclosure,
I'm not a phone pro. I work for the cable company.

Just a thought that may or may not help...

jon

the_buzz_man

Quote from: Sigmaz on February 24, 2018, 04:37:38 PM
Maybe someone can chime in here to help me remember..

I remember one of my old (meaning no longer here) phones that had the Gemini dial setup had to have two of the pins jumpered on the 11 pin round connector to pass audio properly.

I had to wrap a bare wire around pins 5 & 6 connecting them to one another.

I'm pretty sure that's a Gemini but I cant confirm because I have only WE dial assemblies on the shelf.

Also, are you sure the handset plug is oriented correctly on the pins?
I have sometimes found myself mixing up which way it came off by 1/4 turn or more incorrect.

I should ask if you are hearing sidetone? Without actually hearing what you're hearing I can only speculate and in full disclosure,
I'm not a phone pro. I work for the cable company.

Just a thought that may or may not help...

jon

I will check and see what jumping pins 5 & 6 do. I have tried rotating the 4-pin connector on the handset, just to make sure. There is a white line drawn on the side that faces you, so I suspect that is an alignment marker. The new handset should be in tomorrow, so I will get back to playing with it again then.

Thanks for the ideas,

the_buzz_man

the_buzz_man

Well, I tried jumping pins 5 & 6, and that didn't seem to make any difference. I did notice that pins 4&7 and 6&8 were already jumped. See pic below

Also, it seems the "new" handset I received was broken as I never could get the transmitter to work, which was the main thing I was wanting to test out.

Does anyone know exactly what components (control board and dialer) these are and can point me in the right direction of how they are supposed to be wired? I'm willing to resolder these connections, but I want to make sure that I solder them back in the correct locations.

the_buzz_man

Sigmaz

Darn. I was hoping that would do something for you.
The wiring diagram and pin designations have got to be around somewhere.
I was trying to get a hold of them myself a while back to rewire my totalizer.