News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A WE Pink 500 P/U that flew under the radar for a week

Started by TelePlay, November 06, 2017, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Anyone on the forum snag this pink mushroom last night?

I was tipped off to this phone within a hour of it being listed as a possible auction contest phone once it had a few bids.

Well, never became a contest because after 3 days, the phone was sitting on eBay with only 1 bid ($9.99) and was up to 13 watchers.

And, then, with only a day to go, it was up to $10.49 with 2 bids and 18 watchers.

Rose to about $13 thanks to a very high (relative) bid of $126.65 placed about 45 minutes before end time.

A single snipe placed 7 seconds before the end of the auction by e***d ( 2824 ) let him take this complete and undamaged pink mushroom home for $128 plus $10 shipping.

Now, that's flying under the radar due to the seller's poor pictures, lack of some image views and a very poor listing title - didn't really describe the phone at all.

So, who got the deal on this phone, a FOTM for November for sure.

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

jsowers

Undamaged? Not quite! It has a huge corner crack in the left front, shown in the seventh picture.

Here is the link to the auction...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162730942832

I posted the pic of the damage below. The pics in this auction couldn't be enlarged, another mistake by the seller. This phone went under my radar too. No idea how that happened, so thanks for posting it.
Jonathan

TelePlay

I missed that crack. I think I was concentrating on what appeared to be a handset cord coming out of the line cord mouse hole.

The poor main listing picture and bad description made it look like just another color faded pink 500 C/D which have been selling around $50, even color restored, lately.

WEBellSystemChristian

I wish I had gone for it! I've been closely watching it since shortly after it was listed, thinking it would go sky-high! That many watchers was asking for trouble!

But, no, it went fairly cheap, considering a Mushroom often doubles in value when you consider the original light hood.

Who got this one?!? ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

jsowers

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on November 06, 2017, 03:17:33 PM
Who got this one?!? ;D

It was the eBay handle silverd00 who got it. The feedback of 2824 matches the winning bidder. The handles list (thanks again, Terry) says it's Jeff Valko from Connecticut. He's been on since 2004 and gotten many nice phones, or so I recall from the old days when the handles weren't disguised.

Another reason this one may have gone unnoticed is it was a 500P. No dimmer switch. So from a distance it looks like a regular 500D.
Jonathan