News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is There Any Interest in Strowger Switches?

Started by Caverat, June 30, 2020, 04:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caverat

I have several Strowger Switches (WECO) just as they were pulled out of service about 50 years ago.  Also have connector banks.  I looked in the Classified Ads here and didn't see any listed and was wondering where would be a good way to sell them? Or is there just no interest and I have some boat anchors?   Any ideas?

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

RB

Post them in the want add section. never know

HarrySmith

The main issue with switches is room, they take up a lot of space. Also very few have knowledge of what they do or how to make them work. There are interested parties for sure. If you get no response here try one of the telephone clubs. ATCA or TCI.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 30, 2020, 05:56:22 PM
The main issue with switches is room, they take up a lot of space.
And they are heavy. There is a group of telephone "switchers" that are part of the TCI club.

TCI Telephone collectors International
https://www.telephonecollectors.org/

ATCA Antique Telephone Collectors Association
http://atcaonline.com/
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Caverat

rdelius

Wire banks are harder to find than switches.Connector switches can be used to build a 2 digit switch.

Whitcrane76

Most of the ones I see on eBay usually go for about $100.

Caverat

I looked on there and saw about the same thing.    I will post here and see if i get any feedback.    I originally planned to use these as an early 1970s attempt at a "Smart House".   Back then we had only rotary phones available here (No DTMF) and my plan was to use a phone in every room and the stepper switches to control various functions.   I was also going to use a digit (Like dial "9" for an outside line) that would connect with the phone line or dial various 2 digit commands to perform the function assigned to that number. 

Never did build it though, so the switches sat around gathering dust.   I did eventually several years later design and build a system using DTMF that did a similar function.  (Microprocessor though, all solid state.)  That one is still working with a few variations.  (Amazing what can be done to robocallers when you let a computer with control functions answer and screen incoming calls!)