News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

wood two box phone handset help needed

Started by RB, August 29, 2017, 09:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

I have this wood phone, and the transmitter and rec are missing.
I need some help getting this back together.
rdelius told me this about the phone.
The backboard and battery box and possibly the front door with ringer appear to be from belgium .120 Ohms would be not unusual in Belgium (BTMC) series wired magnito sets.The metal handset parts remind me of the handset used on some ww1 field sets or the Bell export sets used in Norway.
anyway, I am looking for replacement parts for this handset, particularly the rec.
Here are some pics of the pieces.
Thanks for any info/help

rdelius

Just to get it working you could use a modern t1 transmitter from a g type handset and a rec capsule from a trimline or clones-not the aftermarket Chinese copies

RB

Much thanks!
I really do not care about correct parts, just wanna talk!
I will look for those parts.

HarrySmith

I am sure someone here has those parts. I have a T-1 I could give you but not the Princess part. Hopefully someone has both, if not I will send you the T-1.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 29, 2017, 05:15:56 PM
I am sure someone here has those parts. I have a T-1 I could give you but not the Princess part. Hopefully someone has both, if not I will send you the T-1.
Thank you HarrySmith! I appreciate that very much.
I am near the finish line with my crank phone installation. "4 plus the 2 cordset switchboard I made".
I want to show my grandkids what it was like back in the day. Plus, these things are so darn cool!
Each time I solve an issue, "all my phones needed something", I see something else I need to address.
So many different types and configurations! my head is swimmin with info!
Thanks again.

HarrySmith

PM sent. I need your info to send the T-1.
Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"