Dial Intercom PCB card

Started by WesternElectricBen, July 14, 2013, 06:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 15, 2013, 05:35:33 PM
Quote from: poplar1 on July 15, 2013, 05:26:48 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 15, 2013, 04:47:09 PM
Quote from: AE_Collector on July 15, 2013, 04:40:36 PM
David: I am almost certain that the 1A2 interupter motors are 10VAC.

Ben: keep in mind now that an outboard Dial intercom is great on a key on a 1A2 key phone and will work on a single line phone too but the ringer has to be a 10 VAC buzzer on a seperate pair to the phone. Also keep in mind that you could use stations from a Panasonic PBX on keys on 1A2 phones. That would be better if you want to use some single line phones as the Pana will ring the bells in the phones but you would need 90VAC buzzers in the keysets or the ringer found in some keysets

Am I right, so what your saying is that I would need to add a buzzer?

Do you have a 118a Ringing Generator with your shoebox?

What does that look like?

They are used with a shoebox if you want to use ringers for common audible (outside lines) or for intercom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200930752135

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: poplar1 on July 15, 2013, 06:16:27 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 15, 2013, 05:35:33 PM
Quote from: poplar1 on July 15, 2013, 05:26:48 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 15, 2013, 04:47:09 PM
Quote from: AE_Collector on July 15, 2013, 04:40:36 PM
David: I am almost certain that the 1A2 interupter motors are 10VAC.

Ben: keep in mind now that an outboard Dial intercom is great on a key on a 1A2 key phone and will work on a single line phone too but the ringer has to be a 10 VAC buzzer on a seperate pair to the phone. Also keep in mind that you could use stations from a Panasonic PBX on keys on 1A2 phones. That would be better if you want to use some single line phones as the Pana will ring the bells in the phones but you would need 90VAC buzzers in the keysets or the ringer found in some keysets

Am I right, so what your saying is that I would need to add a buzzer?

Do you have a 118a Ringing Generator with your shoebox?

What does that look like?

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7026.msg79858#msg79858

SEE REPLY #11 For picture

I do not think I have that.

poplar1

OK, that means you will need to use 10-volt buzzers for your intercom.

You can use the first 4 buttons on the phones for outside lines (and/or lines from the Panasonic 616, MagicJack, etc.), then the last button for intercom.

As for the incoming calls, if you want to use ringers, you can still do so if you use them as "line ringers," that is, they will ring on only one line at each set. But you can have one set ring on the first line of your system, another phone ring on the second line, etc.

Or, instead of line ringers, you can use 10 VAC buzzers for the incoming lines. You can use the same buzzer for up to 4 ringing lines. However, you would then need a second buzzer (for intercom) in any set where you wanted a signal for both outside lines and intercom.

WesternElectricBen

Ok, I think it would be interesting using buzzers but I'm going to ask Shane first what he says..

Ben

xhausted110

I have seen ben's KSU, it's not a shoebox. it's a slightly bigger one that takes the full size intercom cards as well as line cards.
- Evan

WesternElectricBen

poplar1

So Ben, did you find out what model and mfr. 1A2 KSU you have? Do you have any pictures?

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: poplar1 on July 16, 2013, 09:45:09 PM
So Ben, did you find out what model and mfr. 1A2 KSU you have? Do you have any pictures?

I'm still not sure but I talked to Shane, he helped me wire most of it up. He said he has a couple intercoms he will let me use but I will need to get some 66th blocks.

Though I can share with you a picture, the sloppy blue wiring is NOT what we did.

G-Man

Posting a photo or including ITT 601 into the initial description would have cleared up the confusion that you have a Western Electric shoebox ktu as was assumed by most at the beginning of your request.

In any event, while the cards are available, I agree with Phil that an outboard intercom would be best.

Also, you do not need a 118A frequency generator since the ITT unit has one built-in.

WesternElectricBen

I'm sorry about that... I thought they were all the same for 1a2 shoe boxes and I thought they were all made by ITT.

G-Man

WesternElectricBen