News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another 500 to add to the collection...

Started by AE40FAN, April 04, 2013, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Purchased this soft pink 500 for 55.00 including shipping on eBay.  All matching dates from 1/58 with the exception of the mouth piece/cap which date to 12/57.  Great color and barely a scratch!  I'll have to take pictures of my colllection.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: AE40FAN on April 04, 2013, 09:42:45 PM
Purchased this soft pink 500 for 55.00 including shipping on eBay.  All matching dates from 1/58 with the exception of the mouth piece/cap which date to 12/57.  Great color and barely a scratch!  I'll have to take pictures of my colllection.

Beautiful '58! I have one pink 500, a '60 with über-long pink handset and line cords , though I think yours might even be just a little nicer! ;)

Can't wait to see more pics, both of this phone, and your collection.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Dennis Markham

Very nice!  You have a beautiful phone there and a great price too.  Congrats.

TelePlay

Another pink '58 went for $62 plus $11 shipping yesterday. I thought that was a deal, until I saw your post.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171014932213

Was watching it but couldn't snipe it because the auction ended during the middle of the day and I can't use the company computers for anything other than work. I really think sellers would get more for their items if they set up their auctions to end later in the evening. He who snipes the highest wins and that only benefits the seller.

LarryInMichigan

AE40FAN,

You got a great find there.  Finding one of these which is still the original pink is not easy.  I would expect one like it to go for $100 or more.  I bough a soft pink 500 at an estate sale for $20 or $25 a while back, but the color is quite faded.  It's a good thing that I don't like the color pink or I would be jealous :)

Larry

AE40FAN

Larry, It's definitely not my favorite color but, I'm glad to be able to tick another color off my checklist :-)