News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ANY 544 PHONES LEFT?

Started by Babybearjs, November 28, 2022, 05:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

WELL... WENT TO HOOK UP ONE OF MY OLD 544 SETS AND OUND UP HAVING TO RESOLDIER A BUNCH OF BROKEN WIRES ON THE KEY SWITCH (OLD WIRING) WENT TO LOOK ON EBAY FOR ANY 544 PHONES AND FOUND NOTHING, DIDN'T EVEN SEE VERY MANY 564'S ONLINE... IS ANYONE EVEN SELLING KEY SETS ONLINE AT ALL? WOULD LOVE TO FIND A 588 KEY ASSEMBLY IF ANY OF THEM STILL EXIST... HAVING TO TRY TO REPAIR THE EXISTING KEY ASSEMBLY.... FRUSTRATING!
John

TelePlay

. . . but probably not as frustrating as trying to read a long post typed in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS . . .

MMikeJBenN27

I still see them occasionally on E-Bay, so you should be able to find one. Hope you find one.  Good luck to you.

Mike

Contempra

Quote from: TelePlay on November 28, 2022, 06:50:22 AM. . . but probably not as frustrating as trying to read a long post typed in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS . . .

.... I seem to have learned that, on the web, writing constantly in capital letters is called "SCREAMING" from what I have already been told .... I'm sure i'm not wrong :D

Babybearjs

wonderful! sorry about that... didn't even catch that... thanks for pointing it out. anyway, if anyone sees a 544 on Ebay, please share it with me... if anyone has any key telephone parts, I'm looking for a replacement 588 key assembly if I can't find the whole phone.
John

MMikeJBenN27

You were asking if there are any 544 phones left.  There is 554 on E-Bay right now. Maybe they are both the same thing?  E-Bay item # is 155289684429.  It is dated 4-58, so it is Soft Plastic, if the plastics are original!  (Soft Plastic is what everybody wants, as it is fairly rare nowadays.)

Mike

MMikeJBenN27

Sorry, the phone on E-Bay is indeed a 544.  554 is a wall phone.

Mike

Babybearjs

out of my budget right now... $175 is steep for one of those, but rarity seems to win as these phones are indeed rare. the 544 came out at the same time as the 564's but were'nt as popular.... and when the upgraded 636 sey assembly came out, that pretty much killed it for the 544...
John

Dave203

I have a friend with some 544 and 564 phones he wants to get rid of. Mostly for parts or cleanup.  If you are still looking. I will try to find a way to forward this post to him.

Babybearjs

well guys.... I just bought 2 black 544 desk sets for $40.00 each.... one is being delivered on Monday and the other was just purchased tonight. I'll post pictures once I get the phones..... they are both in Black, now all I need is to find some 544 shells in different colors...
John