News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Australian PMG 802 Dial Centers

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 06, 2019, 08:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I have two PMG 802s which are missing their dial center cards and covers, and I see that their is an ebay seller in Australia selling repros (ebay link).  Have you had experience using these?  Do they fit well?  What keeps them in place on the finger wheel?

Thank You

Larry

FABphones

To hold them in place they will need a plastic three prong clip in dial card cover.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

I know that the original ones had three prongs which fit into the three openings in the finger wheel, but many or most of these phones have lost their dial centers.  I have neighbors (or are they neighbours?) who lived in Australia for 20 years and had a green 802 without a dial center in their home there.  The question is how would one keep the new repro centers without the prongs in place.  I have three PMG 802s, and only one of them has the original three-pronged center piece.  I would like all three of my 802s to looks correct.

Larry

FABphones

They do a sticky version of the clear covers. The ones on the eBay listing look like they may be dual/that type. If it doesn't say in the description the seller might be able to advise. I have never used the sticky versions.

Can you add a close up photo of your dial center? Maybe just me misunderstanding, I'm not sure what is missing besides the three prong plastic cover. I've only ever seen that part off.

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

My 802s are missing the three-prong plastic cover and, of course, the paper card which would have been beneath it.  I did send a message to the ebay seller asking how their center pieces are held in place.  If they are sticky and will stay put, I plan to buy a pair.  If they will fall off as soon as I move the phones, then I will probably pass on them.

Larry