News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 109: Western Electric 1950s Green 302

Started by TelePlay, December 10, 2013, 01:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

$252.50:   Splits The Difference in a 9.99% gap.

It was either that, the last gap left, or go with $425 which I think is too high - but what do I know . . .  :-\

david@london

Quote from: Contempra on December 11, 2013, 08:39:34 AM
If I understand David, this dial doesn't return itself like the other dials ?.

oui.......moins que le cadran est un peu chocke de salete, ou casee.

Contempra

okay oui je comprends David .. Parfois il est difficile de comprendre étant donné que l'anglais n'est pas ma langue maternelle mais j'y parviens assez bien dans l'ensemble :) thank you for your reply.

poplar1

Quote from: david@london on December 12, 2013, 09:01:54 PM

C'est croûté?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Quote from: poplar1 on December 12, 2013, 10:22:27 PM
Quote from: david@london on December 12, 2013, 09:01:54 PM

C'est croûté?

Oui David j'avais bien comprit :D

Mr. Bones

I'll join in at $500.00, if that is acceptable.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

JohnInWI

I'm not going to bid, but as Contempra noted in reply #1 to Moss Green? topic, the handset is damaged.  From the listing:

Question & Answer           Answered On Dec-10-13

Q:  it looks like there is some damage to the handset. is that a crack going across, and a hole ? any other cracks, chips or scratches on the phone/handset. thanks.

A:   Hello, Thanks for your interest in the vintage Western Electric phone. The base of the phone is free from cracks or chips. The caps on the receiver are likewise free from cracks or chips. The one crack that I have found is on the bottom of the handle of the receiver which can be seen in the pictures. There is a center portion which has "BELL SYSTEM WESTERN ELECTRIC F1" on it. This center piece is slightly pulled away at the bottom corner by the mouthpiece and in this corner there is small chip or hole. Thanks again!

TelePlay

Quote from: JohnInWI on December 13, 2013, 04:48:40 PM
I'm not going to bid, . . .

. . . you don't have to bid on the phone but you can still take a guess in the contest. There is one slot left that won't crowd any existing guesses at $225 which seems reasonable right now knowing the phones defects and the fact that the phone is sitting at $191.50 for a few days. What say you?

The guessing was very good on this contest in that everyone filled in the gaps with about 5% between adjacent guesses. Every slot is filled except for $225, $425, $475 or anything over $525.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

The winner of Auction Contest #109 is a first time winner, Matilo Telephones, who with the eigth entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $210.00. The phone sold for $213.50! Congratulations go out to him for becoming the newest member of our Contest Standings board.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 109 contests.

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Matilo Telephones

Thank you thank you, I am more than honored. I would like to thank my wife, children, parents, and sister for their help, support and believing in me. This wouldn´t have been possible without them.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones