News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Complete Bell System Lantern flew under the radar on eBay

Started by TelePlay, August 06, 2017, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Was surprised to see this Dietz Little Wizard with Bell System stamped into the fuel tank and Bell System frosted on the globe go for peanuts. A 7 day auction and only two bids, both within the last half hour of the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/362032073659

Quite a deal considering I sold my metal stamped lantern with plain globe (restored) that cost me near $90 total for $115 last year.

Description:  "Bell Telephone System Tubular Kerosene Lantern with Red Etched Globe. -- 12.5" tall not counting handle and base diameter is approx. 8" -- Lantern is marked Dietz on the top and also Bell System in large letters on either side of the font. --  Lantern is in very good condition with light surface rust in areas from years of hanging in a garage. I am sure it will clean nicely with a bath in Evapo-Rust or any of the other rust removal products but I think it looks great as is. -- Has absolutely no dents, dings, bent or broken wires; a very nice example. -- Fill cap is present and turns easily. -- Red 4" tall globe has Bell System nicely etched in 3/4" tall letters. -- Bottom lip has chip as shown which does not show when in frame. -- Globe is otherwise in nice shape with typical rim flakes form years of service."