News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

No 40 Traffic Guard does some actual work

Started by AL_as_needed, August 26, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

The No.40 was called into service this evening on parking duty for a charity event. I was a bit leery of it suddenly becoming flat scrap metal, but figured it survived this long. True to form, it did a great job. It was a lot of fun to see road-side doing what it was designed to do.

Second photo was take with the aid of an LED flashlight to show the lamps form, the red glow however is all the traffic gaurds handy work.
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

I have one of them in factory red.....very nice...Doug
Kidphone

RotarDad

Awesome!  Great to see a piece of vintage equipment put back in service!  That's the real satisfaction in these old items imho.  I like them restored to be ready for use, and it's a bonus when an opportunity arises to actually use one of them.   I had a need recently to create a small ID card for an item that was to be a gift.  I started fiddling with MS Word, but then realized my '61 Olympia SM4 Typewriter's cursive font would be ideal.  I rolled in some heavy beige card stock and created what I needed very quickly.....
Paul

19and41

It's a little beauty!  It does a good job.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AL_as_needed

Thank you all!

Functionality is sort of a requirement for me  in what I collect. A "wall hanger" is nice, but one can't really get a sense of things unless it can actually do what it is supposed to (to a reasonable degree).

It was very interesting to run it at night for about 5 hours. The flame is very very well  protected from wind and uses very little fuel. The light/globe is visible for a rather great distance. This road was maybe 100ft or so, and from one end the No40 was perfectly visible at the other.
TWinbrook7