News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

any information on this fire call box is appreciated

Started by Butch Harlow, December 20, 2018, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

I am looking for any documentation on this particular WE fire call box. BSPs, links to catalog entries, dates, anything. A friend has found a virtually mint one in a basement of a building he is working in. Thanks in advance.
Butch Harlow

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Butch Harlow on December 20, 2018, 05:38:02 PM
I am looking for any documentation on this particular WE fire call box. BSPs, links to catalog entries, dates, anything. A friend has found a virtually mint one in a basement of a building he is working in. Thanks in advance.
It looks like a direct line call box. When I was a kid they put these in front of schools as a call box. It was a direct line to the fire department. Pre-911
I would check the TCI library
JMO,
JimS.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

Quote from: Butch Harlow on December 20, 2018, 05:38:02 PM

Looks like a 570 set. Some basic info, including reference BSP numbers is found here:

http://www.paul-f.com/we500typ.htm#570

The BSPs may be available in the TCI LIbrary.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Key2871

That is a cool looking set, Butch. So it looks as though someone took the solid right panel and put a Plexi panel, in less that's under the solid, that you removed.
Either way it quite unique.
KEN

Butch Harlow

Quote from: Key2871 on December 20, 2018, 09:02:46 PM
That is a cool looking set, Butch. So it looks as though someone took the solid right panel and put a Plexi panel, in less that's under the solid, that you removed.
Either way it quite unique.

I should have mentioned that this is just a pic of one I got off yonder internet. I will post pics of the one he found shortly. It's a yellow one and is very nice as well.
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Here are pics of the ones friend found. Sorry they're not the best pics. It's in a basement of a building with no power currently. Hopefully, thanks to the one BSP I was able to locate, it shall be liberated shortly. The building is due to be renovated into apartments.
Butch Harlow

Jim Stettler

This is the style I was mentioning. I think they also used them for emergency call boxes along highways.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

tubaman

Definitely needs to be liberated - it would be a crime if it ended-up in a skip.
:)

Key2871

Ah, OK I understand now. Good luck, it will be a neat piece to add to your collection.
KEN