News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T30810 station to station (Problem Solved!)

Started by Dave Beck, February 20, 2014, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I keep trying to think of possible problems, but they're being contradicted by the fact that the phones work fine with external lines ringing into the system...

One thing that I have to ask is are you using 4-wire line cables on the phones, and if so are the yellow and black pairs joined together? If so that could be confusing the system as the 2nd pair (the yellow & black) are used for data when using a system phone, of course this is one of the ideas that is contradicted by the phones ringing when the system receives an incoming call, but may be worth checking... :)

Doug Rose

Have you pulled the strap to the battery? Power off and do this and when you power up any programming will be gone and it will be back to default.....Doug
Kidphone

Dave Beck

I am only using red and green to each station. the yellow black wire are not hooked to the Panasonic at all. I can plug a phone directly into each station and it does the same. Doug I will remove the battery and power backup.
Dave

Phonesrfun

he yellow an dblack wires are only used on the digital stations.  By the way, they must be totally unhooked.  If the yellow and black were to be shorted together at any station, it would raise havoc.
-Bill G

Dave Beck

Yellow and black wires are not installed at all no connection. I checked the battery and it has 3 volts and is hard wired in so I cannot remove it.
Dave

DavePEI

Unless I am mis-reading what I am seeing below, the extensions on a 30810 are numbered 11-18, not 1 to 8. Therefore, to dial another extension, i.e. number 11, you need to dial 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 119....

I may be way off base, but give it a try. If not, I apologize for piping up  :)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dave Beck

sorry that didn't work either...at this point I am willing to try anything.
Dave

HarrySmith

Just copied this piece about dialing. I am still searching for other solutions.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

I think it may be getting into speculation now, but it could be that it has corrupted it's firmware somehow, or there may be damage internally to the main board or even power supply, might just be easier to find another 308 and keep this one for spare parts...  :-\

Dave Beck

jsowers

Have you tried unplugging it and then shorting out the battery? It shouldn't take too long. Sometimes there's a reset button, or at least on computers there is one. Try shorting out the battery for a few seconds and then take the short away and plug it in and power it back up and see what you get.
Jonathan

DavePEI

Still speculation. But have you had the cabinet open to expose the circuit board? If so, check to make sure all the fuses are all good. The I/C circuit is fed off the +26 snf +12 volt lines.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Phonesrfun

Lots of speculation going on here, so I'll chime in.

The battery must have a disconnect on it somewhere, even if it is where it connects to the circuit board.  Dave PEI has suggested taking the cover off to check the board and fuses.  If you do that, you could also look for a way to unhook that battery.  I admit I have only seen a handful of these units, but I can't imagine a totally hard-wired battery unless someone hard-wired a replacement. 

I hope you get to the bottom of it.
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: DavePEI on February 20, 2014, 08:12:49 PM
Unless I am mis-reading what I am seeing below, the extensions on a 30810 are numbered 11-18, not 1 to 8. Therefore, to dial another extension, i.e. number 11, you need to dial 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 119....

I may be way off base, but give it a try. If not, I apologize for piping up  :)

Dave

You're wrong, but we forgive you.  You only need to dial the 2-digit extension number.

I played around with my spare 308 trying to get the same results that Dave was getting.  The only time I got a busy signal trying to dial an extension was if the extension was off-hook, but it was an immediate busy signal, no pause.  I also tried removing the fuses one at a time (except for the main power fuse) to see if I get the same results, but that apparently disables the ports altogether, I got no dial tone.  The only time I get a pause before a busy signal is when I lift up an extension and did nothing.  I would get the dial tone for about 10 seconds, then a busy signal.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e