News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I'm not sure what this is - can anyone tell where this was used and it's purpose?  There was a piece of paper with it that said "Toll transmission Selector"
Dave

AE_Collector

I'm not very good at this but I think it might be a toll transmission selector!

Okay...more generically it is a Strowger SxS switch in a switch stand. A nice piece of telephone switching history!

Terry

wds

Here's a NOS SxS switch I just uncovered.
Dave

AE_Collector

It's 52nd birthday will be this summer! I assume it is a WECo? AE only had the hand grips in the cover on the oldest switches I believe. I see Western Electric (installer) on the box now as well....

Terry

wds

Box is marked Western Electric - but I don't see any markings on the switch itself.
Dave

wds

A nice Signal Corps Camp Phone by Western Electric.  Although the handset doesn't look like the traditional western electric, it has the we markings, D-12024.  In nice shape and works.
Dave

wds

pics
Dave

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

That's a beauty.  I am in the process of selling off a bunch of my WWI memorabilia, mostly maps and aerial photos related to the Meuse-Argonne offensive.  With the 100th Anniversary of those battles, the market is pretty robust.  You might want to consider selling that one in the next few months.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409