News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bakelite Military Time Clock

Started by Doug Rose, September 06, 2010, 04:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked up this bakelite Numechron Tymeter at the same flea. Really cleaned up great. Little block rotate to keep the time. Kinda cool with the 24 hour clock....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Made even more collectible now that the military has gone to a 30-hour clock.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

KeithB

That is one classy Art Deco digital clock!!  :o

gpo706

Very beautiful piece, you're a lucky man
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

LarryInMichigan

Very nice clock.  it looks like it was made in 1961.  I didn't think that bakelite was being used for things like clocks, radios, etc. that late.  I saw an interesting art deco bakelite clock today at a warehouse junk/garage sale, but the bakelite was badly cracked, so I passed on it.

Larry

Kenny C

reminds me of a gas pump. And in the words of Jerry Lewis "I like it,I like it"
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

Very Nice.

That model was in production for many, many years.  It was also promoted to amateur radio operators as a time reference for log book entries.  I may have some old catalogs or ads here somewhere.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Greg G.

Ok, I get it now, you meant "military time clock" as in "24-hour time clock", not an actual military clock.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan

I have 4 numechron (tymeter) clocks. I had to stop @ four because they were eating into my phone money.  I do not have any 24 hr ones, however. Nice find!!!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan on September 09, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
I have 4 numechron (tymeter) clocks. I had to stop @ four because they were eating into my phone money.  I do not have any 24 hr ones, however. Nice find!!!
Dan....I have had it plugged in for 4 days, it keeps perfect time, but its getting a little noisier. Can I put a drop of oil in the enclosed motor? This will probably find its way to eBay on Sunday. No more space in the phone room and I have been told in no uncertain terms, the house is full....Doug
Kidphone

Dan

Hey Doug, I followed this guy's advice on youtube and all mine run quiet! Put a reserve of $50 on it, you shouldn't sell it for a buck less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkMyKxRIy0M
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan on September 09, 2010, 08:20:42 PM
Hey Doug, I followed this guy's advice on youtube and all mine run quiet! Put a reserve of $50 on it, you shouldn't sell it for a buck less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkMyKxRIy0M
Dan...OUTSTANDING!!! .....Many thanks.....Doug
Kidphone

McHeath

I agree, it's a very cool clock.  Never ever heard of them, early digital clock eh?

Dan

I got my first @ a yard sale for a buck. It is the top one of the two stacked picture. The other one was a goodwill find. The ones that are the most popular are "tv models" like this. They were used on early tv's because they had a light that somehow "brightened" the TV picture (makes no sense to me). I have an art deco earlier one at work which is the real deal (worth 100 plus ) that I found at a flea market. I had to stop after this and stay tracked on phones.