News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RED 302 - not mine

Started by HarrySmith, September 21, 2022, 02:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Found this one on eBay. Not sure what to say about it!
From the description:
"CASE & HANDSET DAMAGE REPAIRED AND PARTIALLY REPAINTED BY THE ARTIST"
I guess that says enough :o

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284974277228
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Is it safe to say that the "added" flower paint covers the fixed cracks? It is a "real" red housing with an added capacitor in the base.

Kellogg Kitt

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Maybe it looks good, if you like that type of thing.  I suppose it matches somebody's decor.

I agree with TelePlay; from reading the eBay description, it seems that the designs might have been painted on to cover the damage.  Maybe somebody here who is good with plastic restoral should buy it and try to remove the painted designs.
Wade

Kellogg Kitt

I found a companion for it.  Hurry!  The auction ends in about 3 hours.  (Don't worry; you will have no competition from me!)

Super Rare Mother of Pearl Inlaid Phone Rotary Desk . Works!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275464085124

"Very nice Asian inspired black rotary desk phone in excellent condition. Only issue I noticed was a piece of mother of pearl is on the hand set (see picture). Never noticed it before until I was taking pictures. It maybe a faux mother of pearl don't know 100% but I'm thinking it is real mother of pearl (If anyone knows for sure please let me know). A very cool and extremely unusual phone. I haven't seen one before. If you know anything about this phone please let me know. Please refer to the pictures as they are part of the description and since the phone is Preowned it is being sold as is. But don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. Just an extremely nice and rare phone to add to your collection!"

Wade

RDPipes

I kinda like it even though its not original to it, nor is it really inlaid.

TelePlay

Somewhere on the forum, sometime (years) ago, I seem to remember a discussion of another non-Bell phone covered with very detailed inlays and that phone had considerable value because of its special and unique inlay work.

RDPipes

Well, as much as I like it I can't even afford a down payment on a free lunch.

Besides I'm having a hard enough time just getting a lousy subset for my other WE202 LOL!