"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anybody live near Smyrna, GA?

Started by KeithB, September 28, 2010, 01:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithB

<Link to eBay item # 320593541222>

A vintage 1950's wooden telephone booth, $800 or best offer, includes an Automatic Electric pay phone!

KeithB

It's only a four-hour drive for me, but I don't own a pickup truck.  I could rent a U-haul or Ryder truck, if I had to.  Anybody want to ride along with me and help lift it onto the truck?  ;D

LarryInMichigan

I don't know about your area, but phone booths seem to appear quite frequently on the Detroit craigslist, many with old payphones in them.  In many cases, the sellers are mostly trying to get rid of them.

Larry

KeithB

All I've seen lately were furniture-grade booths, well in excess of $1500 up to $2500, and definitely out of my price range.  This one is reasonably close, and I'd be willing to make an offer, if I only had someplace to install it.  The media room in my house is already too darned small for it, so it can't go there.  And the spouse says it cannot be parked under the carport, with which I totally agree. :(

LarryInMichigan

I guess that it's time for a bigger house :)

bingster

= DARRIN =

KeithB

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on September 28, 2010, 05:30:27 PM
I guess that it's time for a bigger house :)
Quote from: bingster on September 28, 2010, 06:11:24 PMThat's the spirit!
Nope, we renovated six years ago, adding a second story to our modest two-bedroom home.  That was the longest, hardest nine months of my life, having to seriously kick the contractor's posterior multiple times.  >:(