News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson Slenderet "Trimline" Ring Question

Started by flatlander, January 25, 2009, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

The Slenderet is a rotary. The line cord is a five wire. Red, Green, Yellow, Black and white. I  have an adapter and I have "bridged" the wires Red to Red on Adapter, Green to Green to Adapter and Yellow and and Black to Green on adapter. It rings but very faint. Am I doing this right any suggestions will help.

TIPandRING

Quote from: flatlander on January 25, 2009, 04:07:45 PM
The Slenderet is a rotary. The line cord is a five wire. Red, Green, Yellow, Black and white. I  have an adapter and I have "bridged" the wires Red to Red on Adapter, Green to Green to Adapter and Yellow and and Black to Green on adapter. It rings but very faint. Am I doing this right any suggestions will help.

Connect red to red on the adapter.

Connect green AND yellow from the phone to the green connection on the adapter.

The black and white will not be connected. Those you need some extra stuff (transformer)--they provide power to make the dial light up.

flatlander

flatlander

Thank you for your suggestions, I thought the black and white had to go to a transformer. I opened the phone and found the clapper stuck. I really appreciate the person who sent me to website that had the first part of the ITT manual on Trouble Shooting it was great