News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My 555 he he! Take that, Benbridge schollars!

Started by RB, November 13, 2017, 10:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Well, here it is.
Finally got it working! and mounted!! "Happy Dance".
I need an op set for this thing.
There is no signaling, or dial capability...yet. it will come.
Had to get it working, and in a cabinet so I can play with it.
Got a nephew commin for turkey. and I wanna play phones with him.
It was fun mounting this thing. lots of piece parts to put it all together.
I turned the cord/ring part around so it would fit in a smaller box.
it went pretty smooth, i must say!

AL_as_needed

I like it! A lot to be said for some good old fashioned home-brew engineering, screws and a few boards. Hope your nephew enjoys it as much as you do  :)
TWinbrook7

RB

Thanks for the comment! :D
I have been doin mock ups for many years, and do enjoy it.
Just wish I had a little talent for flare...lol

Babybearjs

Now, If you had gone to the "Strombercarlsontelephone.com" page, you would have found links to the ITT documentation pages.... in some of the old catalogs, they actually give you the dimensions on the switchboards... After a little time, you could actually build a full size switchboard...(that is if you are really into woodworking) Good start though.... now, does it work?
John

RB

yup, sure does!
it had been banged around some before i got it.
that took some time to work through.
a few switches looked good, but were not making a connection.
had to crawl through the whole thing, point to point to find them all.
next, I gotta work on the signaling to the board, then the ringing part. :)

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 16, 2017, 09:11:48 PM
Now, If you had gone to the "Strombercarlsontelephone.com" page, you would have found links to the ITT documentation pages.... in some of the old catalogs, they actually give you the dimensions on the switchboards... After a little time, you could actually build a full size switchboard...(that is if you are really into woodworking) Good start though.... now, does it work?

Now that would be an interesting project! While I do not have the technical understanding concerning electronics for such a project (yet), it would be an amazing learning experience building one from scratch. 
TWinbrook7

RB

Quote from: AL_as_needed on November 18, 2017, 08:58:34 PM
Now that would be an interesting project! While I do not have the technical understanding concerning electronics for such a project (yet), it would be an amazing learning experience building one from scratch.
Yes, it has been. When I first posted about building a board, "the first one", some folks here told me I had a lot to learn...
No joke!!! I have learned much more than I wanted to. But being an Engineering tech, with a lot of experience building mock ups, this did not slow me down...much. I got the LB board built, then expanded it.
Next, was the CB switchboard. I had to have one to use my CB phones. Sooo... here we go.
The wood is not my strong point, but it helps building out of 1/4 inch ply. not too hard to work with.
And the box on top, was already made. I just used it to hold the station circuitry.