News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Selling my 58 Chevy.

Started by AET, June 03, 2009, 10:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Well, my Station Wagon needs work, and I'm broke, so it was the phone collection or my project car....

Up For Sale, I have my 1958 Chevrolet Delray 4-door post. This car was a 235 straight six and three on the tree from the factory. It currently has a 327 with a TH400 in it. The Numbers Engine and Transmission come with it.

More pics available:

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/1958_Delray/

Body:
The car is Green with a white top and has a green/dark green interior. The body is very solid and all there. Will need some body work, but is very rust free. Everything is there except for the side trim and drivers window glass. The windshield and passenger vent window will also need to be replaced.

Engine:
The engine is a 327 out of a 1968 Chevy C30 truck. The truck was a one-owner with 60,000 original miles. The motor ran great in the truck and when I put the new gaskets on, everything was very clean on the inside. It is set up for a 2-barrel Rochester carb, which comes with the car. Also, a 4-barrel intake comes along with this if you wish to go that route. The engine is not completely put together at this point, but all the parts come with it to finish the project. Also, bolted up to the engine is a TH400 transmission which is like new, out of an 89 Chevy van. The driveshaft will need to be shotrened, or a shorter one off a different vehicle would also work. Included is the stock driveshaft and one off of the 68 Chevy truck.

Interior:
The interior will need to be redone. The seat covers are there, and usable, but are a bit soiled and have some small rips at the seams. There is no carpet, headliner, or door panels. There are new front floor-pans and a new glovebox liner.

Extras:

I have many extras for this car which come with it.

Stock 235 engine (complete and rebuilt) with 3 speed manual transmission.
An additional 235 Engine (seized) for parts from a 1958 Chevy panel truck.
4-speed, I beleive it's a Borg-Warner transmission with extra shaft for grain box from 1968 Chevy truck.
Steering Column
Shocks
And much more.
If you don't feel like hauling these parts away, I can keep them as well, I know sometimes we don't need the extras, but they're available if wanted.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at caledonia_customs@yahoo.com
or you can also call me at (608)617-1134.

Would consider trading for a 4x4, station wagon, or another vehicle of interest.

Make me an offer and Thanks for reading!
-Tom
- Tom

McHeath

Gee, fun times.  Reminds me of my 60' Bel Aire that I had when I was your age, it was in similar shape.  Had a 283 in it with a 3 on the tree, and no exhaust system at all past the manifolds, all rotted off.  Of course I was broke as well, and it had to go up for sale eventually, was sad to see it go.

Hope you find a buyer. 

AET

Thanks McHeath.  I need all the luck I can get.  And of course, you and me have talked them 60 Bel-Air's before :) That was my first car, 350 with a Powerglide.  Wish that hadn'ta gotten smashed!
- Tom

foots

Tom, I think your 4 speed is a SM465 with a PTO. Not great for a car but makes a great trans for a 4 wheel drive truck or Jeep.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

Could, be I'm going to get a pic of it probably today, it's sitting at our other house.  All's I know is it is one beefy transmission!
- Tom

foots

If I'm not mistaken, those things weigh in at around 140 somewhat pounds without the bellhousing. I have the older version for my Jeep, the SM420. While the 420 has a little lower ratio in first gear, 1st isn't synchronized. Your 465 is synchronized, however. That 465 is a very strong transmission, nearly indestructable. See more here - http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm465.htm

Now about them '60 chevys. I'm not a big chevy fan - but them '60s are, in my opinion, the best looking chevys of all time.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

The 60 is my Favorite too, but I think everybody's got a soft spot for a car that was part of the familiy history, and also the  same as your first car, rite?
- Tom