News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Car Talk I & II

Started by AET, October 27, 2009, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Yeah, I hear ya there. We sold a 57 Chevy a few months ago, it needed interior and exterior, but the entire mechanicals and lights and what-not were completely done. There was maybe 50 miles on the engine, only got a couple grand for it :(
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on October 27, 2009, 10:21:11 PM
Yeah, I hear ya there. We sold a 57 Chevy a few months ago, it needed interior and exterior, but the entire mechanicals and lights and what-not were completely done. There was maybe 50 miles on the engine, only got a couple grand for it :(

Let me guess, a four door ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

yes, 4-door post, I am a car guy, and know they ain't worth as much, but we bought it as a family cruiser, and more important things came up and she had to go.  I still thought it was worth more than that.
Quote from: Dan/Panther on October 27, 2009, 11:47:07 PM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on October 27, 2009, 10:21:11 PM

Let me guess, a four door ?
D/P
- Tom

Dan/Panther

I've often thought about replacing the seats, and Brazing the rear doors shut. I wonder what it would look like. Would it have any more interior room, seems like it might.
D/P

AET

I've seen it done, it's not a good look.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

How about making the doors suicide style.
D/P

AET

Rears  only is a very cool look. I was going to do it on my 58 Delray.
- Tom

bingster

Quote from: Dan/Panther on October 28, 2009, 01:59:52 PM
I've often thought about replacing the seats, and Brazing the rear doors shut. I wonder what it would look like. Would it have any more interior room, seems like it might.
D/P

I saw this once on an early 1980s Seville  and it was stunning.  The roof was removed, the rear doors were sealed shut, and the entire rear compartment was covered with steel, making it into a long, sweeping two-seater open car.  There was no provision for a roof, so it must have made for an interesting ride in a surprise rain shower, but it was one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.
= DARRIN =

AET

Well, on a related note, I've decided to keep my Buick.
- Tom

bwanna

here's my '58 :)  one of these days she'll be restored to her original beauty.  soon as i get done with all the phones ;) ;)
donna

JorgeAmely

Donna:

Your phone addiction will never go away.

You might want to sell the car now and use the money to buy more phones.  ;)

Jorge

bwanna

alas jorge, i know this. :o

cars are really the SO's addiction ::)  the two you see here are just the tip of the iceberg. i have often mentioned to him the insanity of owning more automobiles than he could ever hope to restore. pointing out that the money would be much better spent on more important things :)

then he brings up the phones......& the fiesta pottery.....& the antique furniture......& etc etc 8)

it is not an addiction, it is not an addiction .....
donna

JorgeAmely

Donna:

Actually, I would give him a point for keeping the 58. To a twisted mind, it resembles a Rose Beige 500 with a black dial on it.

Jorge

bwanna

technically the '58 is mine......my birthday car :o   i like the comparison, maybe i won't paint that hood after all ;D
donna

McHeath

QuoteYou might want to sell the car now and use the money to buy more phones.

Yeah there is the sadness, I've been pondering pawning off several of my other collected items to buy some of the crown jewels of the phone collecting world, like a Pekin Red 302.