Looks Green to me. Whatever color it is I don't think it is worth $600.00 :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

Looks like faded -18 Dark Blue to me. I agree with Harry about the price. Notice the switchhook buttons are stuck down. But the phone "works well." Also notice the many posted questions about cracks and the vulture offer of half the current price.

The -57 Dark Blue 500 sets also faded greenish with intense sun or smoke exposure and turn almost the same color.
Jonathan

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Kidphone on August 27, 2010, 08:10:57 AM
Is this Blue or is it green OR is it a color we don't know about. It sure doesn't look blue to me. Any ideas?......Doug

From the seller's point of view, it is $$$green$$$. But I think it is Mediterranean Blue.
Jorge

Dennis Markham

It would have been nice to see a few photos of the interior.....at least inside the handset to see the true color.  For a discolored blue phone it sure has discolored evenly.  But it really is too dark for Moss Green.  Jonathan may be on to something with the exposure to smoke, which often discolored them evenly, even one the cradle, under the handset.

We have a little bit of everything with this auction.  A vulture offer and some comments from Mr. Friendly.  I agree with Jorge...it's green to the seller.

I know that blue 302's command a higher price but that price seems too high for a phone that is so discolored.

It would be a bummer to pay $800+ and get a green 302.  I'm surprised no one asked for interior photos.

Doug Rose

Dennis....I agree. I would have wanted pictures of the inside, but the uniform discoloring; if it is uniform fading has me perplexed. I would assume (I know) that it would have a lesser fade in the cradle. Even the old turquoise princess phones, when they faded to a light green including the cords (which I could never understand) were always a truer color,  a less faded color in the cradle. If anyone got this, some pictures would be great. If I already had a blue 302, I would leave this as is. It really is a handsome phone. Teal? I have seen blue 302s advertised as teal, but you always could tell they were blue. Very interesting!....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

I agree, it looks way too even colored to be faded, maybe we will get pictures of the insides to help out. Could it be one of Ray's creations?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Wallphone

The buyer would know if it was one of Ray's or not because he has bought more of Ray's phones than anyone. My nickname for this buyer is "Moneybags" because price is no object to him. He has bought at least $100 grand worth of phones on eBay. His eBay handle is W2MXM.
Dougpav

Doug Rose

Quote from: Wallphone on August 27, 2010, 12:43:07 PM
The buyer would know if it was one of Ray's or not because he has bought more of Ray's phones than anyone. My nickname for this buyer is "Moneybags" because price is no object to him. He has bought at least $100 grand worth of phones on eBay. His eBay handle is W2MXM.
Dougpav
Easily that much. He buys under three different eBay Handles. When you could see who the winner was, he was consistently outbidding me on phones. No matter what you bid, he outbid you. It got to the point, if I saw his name, I wouldn't even bother bid. One of the reasons eBay hid the winner IMO. He has been to my house to see my collection. He drove a real beater. He told me many phones he purchased he did not remove from the box. He is partial to the Stick and told me I displayed way to many desk phones. OUCH! Go figure....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

I suspect that it is Blue faded to green.

However, I have been told of a NOS 302 that was a really strange shade of green. It wasn't thermoplastic green or blue. I thought the set may of been a soft plastic green 302. It is possible that this is an oddball color.

I would want to see photos of the inside plastic.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Hey Jim...I thought soft plastic as well, but all softplastic phones had a matching painted F1 handset, at least according to legend.  I have never seen a softplastic Blue 302 before, but I have heard they are out there. Too bad we couldn't have seen a picture of the inside....welcome back....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I have had three soft plastic 302s with the painted F1 handset. The Ivory and the Green I no longer have as they resembled the thermoplastic sets so much. The red is a different story, it is the blood red of a soft plastic 500 sets. See the difference between my soft pastic and thermoplastic red 302s.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Beautiful phones, Doug.  Next time I'm in your neighborhood, I'd love to see them in person.

I remember that buyer....I think I may have lost an auction or two to him.  I don't recall what it was for but it wasn't a stick phone.  I don't have one of those (yet).

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 27, 2010, 03:06:58 PM
Beautiful phones, Doug.  Next time I'm in your neighborhood, I'd love to see them in person.

I remember that buyer....I think I may have lost an auction or two to him.  I don't recall what it was for but it wasn't a stick phone.  I don't have one of those (yet).

Thanks Dennis.....here are pictures of my collection that I posted in the beginning of this year.....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=828.msg28575#msg28575
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Thanks, Doug.  I knew I had seen them before.  Fantastic collection.  It must take a long time dust them.