News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

20B with a A.B.T.Co. transmitter

Started by wds, September 08, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up my first ABTCo transmitter.  I think the phone should clean up nicely - will post "after' pictures in a few days.  There are no markings on the base - no name or patent dates.  Seems completely original, right down to the dirt.
Dave

Sargeguy

Early Western Electric candlesticks, especially TYPE 22s but some 20-Bs etc.  had the patent dates on the perch and not the base.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

You're right - the patent dates are on the perch.
Dave

wds

Cleaned up pretty well.  The cords are in bad shape - is there any value in keeping the old cords in favor of better looking newer cords?
Dave

Sargeguy

If they are worn in a few spots but functional I keep them but if they are completely trashed I replace them with repros.  I don't think trashed cords add value to the phone, but you can always put them back when you sell it.  I cut them up and make transmitter cords out of them.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

I did replace the transmitter cord with a new one I bought from you. (now I need another one)   Inside the shaft the wires look like new.  Nice bright green silk cords.  Too bad the rest of the wires weren't better preserved.
Dave

Sargeguy

They always look nice on the inside!!! 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409