News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Box of phone parts including 20-SC

Started by wds, September 15, 2014, 06:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up a box of candlestick phone parts from Etsy, thanks to Larry's eagle eyes.  Included is this 20-sc.  It appears to be all original, down to the 229 transmitter.  The switch hook, transmitter and receiver arm all seem to be set up for an uninsulated transmitter.  The perch however seems like it seems like it should be using an insulated transmitter.  Is the wire coming out of the back of the perch like that correct?  Or should the transmitter be insulated?  The phone is very dirty, but looks like it will clean up real nice.  The black paint looks really good under the dirt.  Curled up inside the bottom was a nice receiver cord. 
Dave

Sargeguy

This reminds me of this one with the cut out switch.  It also has an older transmitter and "drop perch".  When the 20-AL type phones first came out uninsulated transmitters and OST receivers were still an option.

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Looks like I got a good one.  I'll post better pictures after it's cleaned up.
Dave

Sargeguy

Here is a pic of one that features the new style perch and older style uninsulated transmitter
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

The phone cleaned up pretty nice.  The paint looks great, the nickle has lost it's shine, but still good.
Dave

Sargeguy

Pretty nice.  Are you going to keep the green base on this one or do you have a nickel plated phone that's crying out for one?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

The green felt looks original, but not in very good shape.  I'll probably just leave it on this one. 
Dave