News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Farm Fresh B1 w/ Strange Module

Started by extremecinema, February 20, 2015, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Not really sarcastic, just realistic with a twist of humor, if I may.

Merriam-Webster:
* a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
* a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

Not meant to give pain!

Let's be real.  If the intent is to make the dial look like the real 2H so it's perceived as more valuable, think again... It will cost you a new face plate, the finger stop, together easily $50, plus labor.  And what do you get?  A fake 2H without the proper type stamp, with holes in the wrong places, with a fake part.  Even sold as parts I doubt it will fetch more than a 4H, which can sometimes be seen selling for $100 just the same.  I've bought genuine #2 dials for less than $100.  But you may get lucky and sell it for more, everything is possible.  At least now, you have a genuine 4H that can be valuable for someone else who actually needs a new part, if you decide to sell it.

Only you know what is best for you.  You asked for our opinions.

extremecinema

Quote from: unbeldi on February 25, 2015, 12:43:29 PM
Not really sarcastic, just realistic with a twist of humor, if I may.

Merriam-Webster:
* a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
* a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

Not meant to give pain!

Let's be real.  If the intent is to make the dial look like the real 2H so it's perceived as more valuable, think again... It will cost you a new face plate, the finger stop, together easily $50, plus labor.  And what do you get?  A fake 2H without the proper type stamp, with holes in the wrong places, with a fake part.  Even sold as parts I doubt it will fetch more than a 4H, which can sometimes be seen selling for $100 just the same.  I've bought genuine #2 dials for less than $100.  But you may get lucky and sell it for more, everything is possible.  At least now, you have a genuine 4H that can be valuable for someone else who actually needs a new part, if you decide to sell it.

Only you know what is best for you.  You asked for our opinions.

Whoa partner... I agreed with your sentiments from your first statement (and I agree with what you just said) .   I thought I was clear about that... If not, I apologize.

unbeldi

Quote from: extremecinema on February 25, 2015, 09:34:50 PM
I thought I was clear about that... If not, I apologize.

Oh don't worry, wasn't meant as a rebuttal either.  It's all in good faith and fun.