Dave Beck

I'll go $518.00
Dave Beck

---------------------------

EDIT #1:  Awaiting revised guess

EDIT #2:  Revised to next closest available bid - $383.50

AE_Collector

Hi Dave:

TelePlay might have already messaged you. Awhile back we created some rules ensuring that each "guesser" has a bit of room around their guess to still win the contest.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8564.0

Bottom line is to fit a guess in there needs to be 5% of room each side of your guess. John does let guesses get a bit tighter than that on occasion by exactly splitting the difference where it still doesn't crowd too much. I bet he would take your guess at $470.50. Not real close to where you wanted to be but not too far off either. It is getting pretty tight through a range of several hundred dollars there now.

Terry

Dennis Markham

If $250 is available I'll go with that.  Although that last Pink 500 went for $750, I think that was unusual.  There was a white 500 mushroom phone that sold last week (same seller) for $228.00.  It was missing the clear plastic "key" on the lower left corner.  I believe one of our forum members got that phone.  I placed a bid that was just over $3 less than the sale price, so I got close----but no cigar. 

For those reasons I think a realistic price for this phone is going to be in the range of $250.  Despite having the original mushroom cap, it just doesn't look as nice as the $750 phone...IMHO.

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Don't think Harry will be happy with you at $300 when he is at $299! Presumably instead of splitting that area with a $325ish bid there could be a $316 and a $333 between the existing $299.01 & $350 bids.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 26, 2014, 10:35:35 PM
Don't think Harry will be happy with you at $300 when he is at $299! Presumably instead of splitting that area with a $325ish bid there could be a $316 and a $333 between the existing $299.01 & $350 bids.

Terry
Ok, #333 - I didn't notice Harry's guess. Otherwise, delete my guess. I should have voted sooner.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

I jumped into the contest right after AE_Collector with this cut and pasted post:

I'll split the difference at $470.50, the last large gap.

With that, seems the only slots that don't crowd are on the low end, $214 and below, $250, $287, and anything $705 or higher.

I then added a spread sheet of existing guesses and available guesses. Discovered the second line of my post was not correct and when modifying my post, I attached a jpg file that I forgot to reduce in size. It was a 4 MByte file and caused the second page of this contest to be down for about 12 hours. To fix it, my original guess post was deleted and I am reposting my guess along with an updated, and reduced in size, chart of existing guesses and the available guesses should anyone want to enter and use them. Large photos will cause problems on this forum and I just proved that, by a late night oversight on my part.

Here's the chart, which if you click on it will expand in size. Existing guesses are in blue; the red percentages are the gaps between existing guesses that will not allow a guess between those existing guesses; the green percentages show slots where guesses can be made and since all are between 8% and 10%, it's a "split the difference" number shown just to the left of the green percentage, if anyone wants those numbers as their guess. Of course, a guess of $214 or anything lower or a guess of $710 or anything higher are also available.

TelePlay

Wow, jumped up $262 in just a few hours today and the current high bidder has (0) feedback.

Member Id: g***h ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days)      US $446.93   Feb-26-14 15:23:21 PST

bid at least $446.93 with 6 hours to go and the bid was the buyer's first but dated 2-26-14. How did that happen?.

poplar1

Quote from: TelePlay on March 02, 2014, 02:52:37 PM
Wow, jumped up $262 in just a few hours today and the current high bidder has (0) feedback.

Member Id: g***h ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days)      US $446.93   Feb-26-14 15:23:21 PST

bid at least $446.93 with 6 hours to go and the bid was the buyer's first but dated 2-26-14. How did that happen?.

g***h bid at least $446.93 (probably more) on 2/26, but the high bid shown would have been only $185 ($5 more than c***3's $180 March 1 bid) until another bidder (d***s) jumped in today. D***s made two stabs at it, but both times he was immediately outbid by g***h's Feb. 26 higher bid.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on March 02, 2014, 03:28:44 PM
g***h bid at least $446.93 (probably more) on 2/26, but the high bid shown would have been only $185 ($5 more than c***3's $180 March 1 bid) . . .

Ah, yes, thanks. I should have looked at the hidden automatic bids. It actually sat at $182.50 so the increment at that level was only $2.50. The increment changed to $5 at some higher level. Should be an interesting end to this auction in about 5 hours, either way - stays where it is or takes a big jump. Stay tuned! That (0) feedback is still curious . . .

TelePlay

The winner of Auction Contest #111 is a first time winner, tallguy58, who with the eigth entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $521.00. The phone sold for $517.23! Congratulations go out to him for becoming the newest member of our Contest Standings board. That makes tallguy58 the only forum member to have won a spot on the forum "Bull's Eye List" and an auction contest! How about that.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 111 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Kenton K

Congratulations Tallguy, nice prediction. I was really exited when it stayed at 450 for a while. lol

-Ken

AE_Collector

WesternElectricBen

Dennis Markham

The final price of that phone defies logic.  The last two out of three "mushroom" phones brought big bucks.  Perhaps we'll see more of them surface now.