News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Manual 302 cords

Started by Mainephones, February 09, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mainephones

I'm new so please bear with me..... I'm looking for 2 replacement cords  I just pulled of this Western Electric Manual 302. I would like to keep it looking as authentic as possible but yet make it an operational phone for the household.

And if there is a manual to reconnect these I would love this link. I took pictures before I disassembled it but it's all new to me:)

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Ken

Phonesrfun

Welcome to the forum.

Brand new fabric cords can be ordered from oldphoneworks.com, or if you want good but originals, you may need to poke around and see if anyone has them here, or on e-Bay.  The new ones from opw are great quality, great looking, but they do lack the charm of an original old cord.

OPW also has a line cord you can get for it that is fabric, but has a modular end on it for plugging into a wall outlet.

Hooking these up is pretty easy, and lots of stuff is available on line for that, including the TCI website which has a  great technical section that is open to everyone. 

http://telephonecollectors.org/

Just select the "Technical Library", then "Technical Collection, Wiring Diagrams and More", then "Western Electric", then scroll down about 1/3 of the way to "300 Series Desk Phones" and select the 302.

It sounds like you haven't hooked it up yet to see what it sounds like?  Your biggest obstacle may be getting the line cord wires hooked up to a modular plug.  If that's the case, let us know.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

Mainephones

Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 09, 2010, 11:04:31 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Brand new fabric cords can be ordered from oldphoneworks.com, or if you want good but originals, you may need to poke around and see if anyone has them here, or on e-Bay.  The new ones from opw are great quality, great looking, but they do lack the charm of an original old cord.

OPW also has a line cord you can get for it that is fabric, but has a modular end on it for plugging into a wall outlet.

Hooking these up is pretty easy, and lots of stuff is available on line for that, including the TCI website which has a  great technical section that is open to everyone. 

http://telephonecollectors.org/

Just select the "Technical Library", then "Technical Collection, Wiring Diagrams and More", then "Western Electric", then scroll down about 1/3 of the way to "300 Series Desk Phones" and select the 302.

It sounds like you haven't hooked it up yet to see what it sounds like?  Your biggest obstacle may be getting the line cord wires hooked up to a modular plug.  If that's the case, let us know.

-Bill Geurts

Thank you, Bill!