News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My addiction has reared its ugly head,

Started by ....., October 20, 2016, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I took the next step in my addiction, I bought a Panasonic KX-T61610 EASA-PHONE PBX. I'm planning on hooking up some of the phones in the garage and possibly in the house. I picked it up off eBay. The seller had it on Buy it now for $79.99 USD or make an offer. I took a shot and offered $40.00 USD. He accepted my offer. I broke it down to what the cost were CAN vs USD. Living here in Canada we always get shafted with import charges and taxes. Now, I have to keep my fingers crossed and hope all is well with it. I know totally nothing about what I'm about to do, so I will be doing a lot of reading and asking questions if I get stumped.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/401172435467?ul_noapp=true
( dead link 06-01-21 )

PBX KX-T61610   $52.06 CAN   
Shipping $21.89 CAN
Import charges   $12.88 CAN
Total C $86.83

PBX KX-T61610 US $40.00
Shipping $16.82 US
Import charges $9.90 US
Total $66.72 US

Pourme

Great move. I have had mine for several months now. It's a fun tool to bring life, useability  (and fun) to your collection!

There is a lot of information on the forum about wireing and using this piece. I bought a program phone but have yet to alter the program.

Have fun!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Like Benny, I have a 308 & 616 too. They are fun to play with. It's great being able to call back & forth between a lot of your phones. If you like the sound of certain ringers, just plug them in & call them. They are also useful as a tool to see if all the functions of a phone work. Now start looking for a good deal on a programming phone. They are sometimes hard to find cheep.
Gary

podor

Yup, that is a definite sign that you are hooked. I too have a 616 and love it. I have it running behind my 1A2 key system and as an intercom throughout the house. I recommend the programming phone. I only have a few lines set up to dial out and the ringers shut off after 9:00 pm. Even with the stock configuration, it's great.

twocvbloke

It's okay, I bought a 616 initially, then the "risky" 308 that needed minor repairs, both still need backup batteries though, but it's all a part of the affliction that is addiction... :)

Pourme

I have plans for mating mine together to animate a display of phones in my office over the winter. I'm in the process of stealing display ideas from forum members, now!
Benny

Quote from: Pourme on October 22, 2016, 08:48:30 AM
I'm in the process of stealing display ideas from forum members, now!

Now I don't think the word STEALING is the right word. Maybe BORROW would be more like it. ;)
That way I could maybe borrow your ideas. :)

twocvbloke

Quote from: Autonut on October 22, 2016, 09:37:39 AM
Now I don't think the word STEALING is the right word. Maybe BORROW would be more like it. ;)

I prefer "Repurposing"...  ;D

Pourme

I stand corrected....Sharing knowledge and ideas, I guess that, in a general sense, is the point of a forum. Ha!
Benny

ESalter

Just wait until you take the next step...

--Eric

Pourme

Benny

JorgeAmely

If you sneeze hard and hear bells ringing afterwards, then you are deep in your addiction.
Jorge

Pourme

I'm close....Every time I close a drawer on my desk, one of 20 phones on my desk dings ever so lightly....
Benny

twocvbloke

Quote from: JorgeAmely on October 24, 2016, 10:51:32 PM
If you sneeze hard and hear bells ringing afterwards, then you are deep in your addiction.

Or your name's Quasimodo...  ;D