News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month October 2019

Started by Jim Stettler, October 01, 2019, 05:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - October 2019  *** Vote for Two ***

david@london 1966 Ivory PTT U43   $51.93      plus $11.67 shipping                                eBay
5 (18.5%)
stub's AE 82 (illuminated dial)  $48  plus  $35.60 pick-up/pack/insured ship              Auction Tip
15 (55.6%)
wurzel1765's KTAS Danish intercom w/ringer $64.71                                             free  pick-up
6 (22.2%)
Roody's red AE 35  $100  delivered                                                            Friend's estate pick
21 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Jim Stettler

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it. Other than that, any discussion of or comments about the nominated phone are not allowed, FOTM nominations only. As stated below, "Ideally your item would be (first) posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum" and if so, "the forum link if discussed in another topic" is to be included in the nomination reply.

If a significant discussion of a nominated phone starts in a FOTM topic, it will be moved to a new "discussion" topic in the appropriate board and if not, or simply removed.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) other information of importance about the find (why the item is very important to you for any reason).
6) and one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:

--> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Jim S.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

david@london

May I nominate the 1966 Ivory PTT U43 which I received last week?

I had been hoping to find one of these French classics for some time, so was pleased to spot what looked like a nice example at a reasonable price - £39.99 plus  p+p  ($51.93 plus $11.67).

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8210.msg231896#msg231896

Ebay sale link

Doug Rose

I like to nominate Ken's hard to find Blue 82. How cool is this?

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=23054.0
Kidphone

stub

Thanks Doug ,
                 Member " zenithchromacolor " posted it in Auction Talk and I took the time to sign up and bid and got this phone for a total of $83.60 .   Bid      $40.00
                              20% buyers premium -   $ 8.00
UPS Store pick-up,packing and shipping+ins.- $35.60 and I thought it was the best deal I've ever had so far. I might add that Chris from the UPS Store did a GREAT job packing my phone!                                     
                  I have been trying , for years , to talk AE Collector out of his 82 but he wouldn't get rid of it. Thanks , stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

wurzel1765

Here is my nomination for find of the month

This is the first time I've entered this, so I hope I get it right

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=23092.0

I bought this KTAS Danish intercom phone on the 13th October from another collector/dealer. I paid £50 for it I think, which I think was a bargain.

There was no postage charge as I collected it in person

Gary Z

I will throw in my red AE 35. It's not perfect and still needs more work but it is a very hard to find monophone. Found in a box of phone parts by friends of mine on a road trip at an estate sale. $100 for the whole box. They sent me a picture to see if I would be interested in them. It will go next to my green 35 that I am still looking for a handset to go with it.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=23056.0

Jim Stettler

The Find of the Month  October 2019 poll is posted.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

The winning phone is Roody's red AE 35  $100  delivered .
Good find                                                           

You live, You learn,

david@london

Gary Z

Thanks! I'm having fun trying to bring it up to par. I've had a some success so far trying to straighten out some of the warping using clamps and a hair dryer.

andre_janew

You could put a red handset on the green phone and use it that way during the Christmas season.

Gary Z

I have thought of that. Happy Holidays!

loblolly986

Jim Stettler

Thanks,
I have it locked now, I will try to remember for the next poll.
Jim
You live, You learn,