"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stub's AE Telephone Collection

Started by stub, December 08, 2009, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Hi all,
           Here's some of my phones, I need more shelves too!!!!!!!!
           Everybody here has some great phones and they are all to be proud of no matter how many you have !!!!!!!!!!!!!  If it's a phone we would like to see it .    
           Well I gotta pack ,see ya'LL in a week . I'm going to see if Bill Cahill left any phones around to find!   Later , stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

bellsystemproperty

You have nice phones. I have a key phone too, it's a Stromberg Carlson. I'll have to get my phones together for their family portrait. They are spread throughout the house so this is not an easy task. You also have an AE 880 speakerphone. I have one too, and the sound quality on it is much better than the modern speakerphones they sell. Your Monophone is much cleaner than mine, mine is scary looking, but it needed a good home. Once I get the dial fixed the phone can begin its process back to rejuvenation. My mom had a panel phone in her house when she was a kid.

stub

bellsystemproperty ,
                             Thanks . I need to find the insert for the dial side to complete the panel phone. I also have a # 88 T speakerphone that has good sound to it .When you finish that AE 40 ,you can get base gasket from Gary Goff- gdgoff@gmail.com -   I forgot price but they are very affordable.
                               I forgot to include my 2 white 1453W's  Stromberg Carlson's from 62.   Have to post later , I gotta go see if Bill Cahill left any phones to find around.   
              Most of the phones I have were as bad as your 40 and they all cleaned up pretty good.   Show us some more of your phones.  I like all of them.
                                                                                        Later , stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

ntophones

Mr. Stub1953,
I love your AE phones! Wow, they look nice!
--nto

Dennis Markham

Stub, great collection of telephones!  I like that AE34 on the top shelf.  I'm wondering why the two receivers on the top shelf are displayed off hook?

~Dennis

stub

ntophones ,
                 Thanks. A lot of late night e-bay,several years looking .

Dennis Markham ,
                           Thanks. Don't tell nooobody the stepbase is waiting for correct receiver. It's a kellogg!!  The wood wall I just forgot to hang it up.  Don't tell Bill I'll be looking in his neck of the woods tomorrow for a few days.
The 34 was the one I had that came with the north dial that JorgeAmely identified for me.  Thanks again JorgeAmely !!!!   Well gotta go  .   Later ,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

bellsystemproperty

Stub, I'm definitely going to show all my phones. Since the PBX is down now is a good time to gather all the phones for a family portrait. I'll have to put them on the dining room table since they don't fit anywhere else all together.  ;D

stub

bellsystemproperty ,
   Looking forward to pics of your phones!!!!! Hey , don't forget to take pictures of the PBX also!!!  I wish I had room for one .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Got me some , new to me , shelves and trying to do me a phone room. Now I can get my other phones out of the shop when I get wiring done . Work in progress. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

FABphones

I like those. Good clean solid shelving. Similar to those found in stores, strong and bright.

How many phones do you have to fit in there? Looking forward to seeing more as work progresses.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Jack Ryan

Nice collection and nice shelves. I really need to upgrade from recycled cardboard boxes!

I have some questions about the residence set.

I assume the black paint has been removed from the front - I'm not aware of them being made like that.

It looks like the later, larger model. Does it have an IC mounted within the cabinet (on the back wall)?

Thanks
Jack

stub

FABphones,
             You , sir , are right on the money on the store shelves . Got a sweet deal on them as the store is closing. I don't know if I have enough shelves or room for that matter. They are all in my shop in boxes.

Doug,
        Thanks , take care of that titanium . It's like brill cream - a little dab will do ya  ;D!  stub

Jack,
       Yes, on the paint being removed . They are all black as far as I know . Yes it is the larger version 8 1/2 " tall and 6 1/2 " wide on the door. It is the series circuit with the DC receiver. I have one of the smaller versions with the nickel plated A hookswitch somewhere in the shop , and one with the IC on the door.
Kenneth Stubblefield

oldguy

Nice collection stub, I can't wait to see your phone room when you get more phones displayed.
Gary

stub

Gary ,
          Thanks , It may take a while .   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield