and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SCAM - eBay E1 B1 Listing

Started by Doug Rose, October 01, 2017, 11:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

dsk

Of course a buyer has the legal right to by, and sell just after buying. It might also be a question of moral.
The next question is, is it just the same picture, or is it the same phone?
If it is the buyer who sells it, Ill guess it is the same, else??

dsk

Doug Rose

Dag....I was notified by the buyer! This is some scam using my picture...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

The current seller has several items for sale, just one phone, and has sold several items, none of them phones.

Could this be a hacked eBay account?

Or is  fattbutt50 ( 914 ) doing something of a scam?

Doug Rose

I have sent Fattbutt50 a question from eBay. It is the phone I sold on the old bath mat I take pictures on. The person who bought the phone contacted me!....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Hah!

I was a bit more subtle. I sent a message asking what, if anything, was stamped into the metal on the back of the upper neck, just below the ring and if so, what does it say.

Same idea, looking for an accurate reply.

AL_as_needed

Could always put it into a CRPF auction contest, could be wildly different then usual.  ;D
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

New message from: fattbutt50 (914Purple Star)
OK ...... I WAS TRYING TO SAVE TIME AND USE AN EXISTING PHOTO, BECAUSE MY PHONE IS THE SAME, DON'T WORRY I WILL REPLACE IT WITH MY OWN PHOTO. I THOUHT IT WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM SINCE THIS PHONE ALREADY SOLD. RELAX, I'LL UPDATE THE PHOTO.

Can't wait to see the photo, the 102 I sold was really nice. Seams like a nice fellow  8)......Kid Relaxed
Kidphone

TelePlay

I haven't received a reply yet, must be busy taking photos.

Someone needs to tell that guy he is opening himself up to returns a item not being as pictured even if he states he does not take returns. Or, he can learn the hard way.

For a $5 to $20 dollar item that came from a high production run as is currently available from 30 people selling the same thing on eBay, copied pictures can work because the item being sold is identical if new in package. Some are stock photos copied the the manufacture's site.

For a one of a kind, used phone at the $150 level, not a good selling practice, it's one that could bite him after the sale and delivery (" . . . it's not as pictured and it's got these problems so I want 50% off what I paid, or else . . . ").

Dennis Markham

I had that happen to me once for the same reasons.  I noticed my photos on a phone being offered for sale (by someone else).  The seller said he was in a hurry and just grabbed photos off eBay.  He didn't think anyone would notice...or care.  He was wrong on both accounts.  He changed the pictures.

I'll bet it happens a lot.  The sellers think the one they have is just like the one that sold. 

~Dennis

Doug Rose

Den....Still my old phone on his auction. I really should've care, but I do. What if he is selling a D1 and the condition is less than stellar. I tried to report it to eBay, but I got fed up with all the drop down cookie cutter boxes that didn't really fit my issue.

I guess we all have bigger problems. ...Doug
Kidphone

Babybearjs

this is one of the reasons I don't sell on ebay.
John

RotarDad

Doug - As you probably know, if you requested a call from EBay's help tool, they would call you within 1 minute.  I have a decent feedback score (pushing 800), and I always count the seconds between my pressing the button for a call, and the "ring".  The last time was about 10 seconds iirc.  Your Ebay activity numbers make me look like a novice  ;), so I'm sure your service level would be super-high as well.  Ebay is far from perfect, but they've been very responsive to questions and concerns I've raised over the years.  Your thoughts?
Paul

Greg G.

This is a misrepresentation which I'm assuming is against ebay rules (I don't sell on ebay either, too much hassle!)   Even if the seller's phone is in the same condition, it's still a misrepresentation. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Seller finally got back to me answering my question. Seller said phone is stamped D1.