News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Western Electric Model 500 with CNET 425B Network

Started by Dan/Panther, April 30, 2010, 01:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

deedubya3800

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Contempra

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 30, 2010, 01:07:52 AM
I drew up this diagram for the above mentioned phone.
Please let me know if you find any errors.
D/P

This diagram seems to be the same as for Northern Electric and Northern Telecom. so tell me if this is the case please.. thanks

twocvbloke

Quote from: Contempra on January 15, 2014, 01:34:33 PMThis diagram seems to be the same as for Northern Electric and Northern Telecom. so tell me if this is the case please.. thanks

Northern Electric (latterly Northern Telecom and finally Nortel) was originally the Canadian arm of Western Electric, so a lot of the wiring diagrams are indeed interchangeable, so yes, this diagram is the same as for most NE or NT phones... :)

Contempra

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 15, 2014, 01:44:09 PM
Quote from: Contempra on January 15, 2014, 01:34:33 PMThis diagram seems to be the same as for Northern Electric and Northern Telecom. so tell me if this is the case please.. thanks

Northern Electric (latterly Northern Telecom and finally Nortel) was originally the Canadian arm of Western Electric, so a lot of the wiring diagrams are indeed interchangeable, so yes, this diagram is the same as for most NE or NT phones... :)

ah.. thank you twocvbloke because I have a nothern electric and I was looking the network on a BSP file on TCIlibrary and i'm wondering if it was the same network .. ;)

That's why I love this forum . Yes because a lot of members like you, Poplar and many others have lot of expériences :)

FRENCH : Merci twocvbloke parce que j'ai un nothern electric et je regardais le ( Network ) sur un fichier BSP sur TCIlibrary et je me demandais si c'était le même.
C'est pourquoi j'aime ce forum. Oui parce beaucoup de membres comme toi, Poplar et plusieurs autres avez de l'experience :)

twocvbloke

No problem, I've only been here a couple of years, but I've learned a lot in that time, I'm sure in two years, you'll be giving out advice to future collectors... :)

Contempra

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 15, 2014, 02:53:54 PM
No problem, I've only been here a couple of years, but I've learned a lot in that time, I'm sure in two years, you'll be giving out advice to future collectors... :)

Probably yes...thank you for your comments

Probablent oui.... Merci pour tes commentaires.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Merci David je cherchais le bon mot :)

Thanks David I was looking for the right word :)

twocvbloke

Quote from: Contempra on January 15, 2014, 03:25:22 PMProbably yes...thank you for your comments

Probablent oui.... Merci pour tes commentaires.

You're welcome... :)

poplar1

to be experienced=avoir de l'expérience
to have experience=avoir de l'expérience
an experience= une expérience (f.)

but mais

experienced= experimenté, experimentée

Contempra

Quote from: poplar1 on January 15, 2014, 04:33:06 PM
to be experienced=avoir de l'expérience
to have experience=avoir de l'expérience
an experience= une expérience (f.)

but mais

experienced= experimenté, experimentée

Yes David, Depending on the meaning of a sentence. However, I do not know if one day I then to be bilingual.

FRENCH : Oui David, dépendemment du sens donné à une phrase. toutefois, je ne sais pas si un jour je parviendrai à être bilingue.

andre_janew

Is it possible to have a 2-wire ringer with a 425B network?  I'm asking because I might have such a setup.  Either that or there are some other wires hidden where they are difficult to find.

poplar1

Connect 2-wire ringer (such as a C4C) to L1 and K. Run a strap wire from L2 to A.

(RED)                    (BLACK)                                                    (Strap)
L1<--------------Ringer---------------->K(-capacitor inside network-)A<------->L2