News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Ringtone

Started by mmd, July 05, 2010, 07:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellsystemproperty

Don't take the upgrades. If you take them the cell company locks you in a contract for another 2 more years. You can get used, good cell phones on eBay for less than $20. If you supply your own cell phone there is no contract.

Besides a cell phone lasts 2 years and a 500 lasts 62!  ;D
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

mmd

I supplied my own cell phone after they gave me their crappy Nokia. (Mind you I like Nokia but this 6030 was absolute crap.)
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

McHeath

Hey mmd that's a great ringtone!  I use a 500 ring for my cell phone but to use it for the message alert is a problem in that it all sounds the same.  Good offer for the forum folks, thanks for it.

As for cell phone service we quit Verizon this past year and moved to Straight Talk.  Much cheaper than we were paying, you buy the phones outright, we got ours at Wal-mart, and there is no contract.  Our youngest son uses a Tracfone that for 10 bucks a month he gets 100 minutes, that's fine for him as he's not a big text or talker.  We have other family members spending big money on iPhones, and it's nice and all, but that's a lot of loot per month to be able to watch youtube videos while you wait in  line at the movie theater. 

Dan/Panther

Would someone post the procedure fro getting the ring tone to my phone ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Uh Oh :)
Some of us old farts just need to give it to the kids to do ::)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

D/P it depends on the phone.  If it has an SD slot, probably a micro SD slot, or USB port then you may be fairly easily able to download the ringtone.  USB is easiest, you connect the phone to a USB port on the computer and if you are real lucky it will show up as a drive and you drag the ringtone to it.  Cheaper phones don't usually work this way.

The route I use is to e-mail it to my phone.  My Straight Talk phones use the Verizon network so on the computer I send an e-mail to myphonenumber@mypixmessages.com and attach the sound file.  This method might work for your phone, it's worth a try, just put your full phone number before the @ and be sure to include area code but no 1 before it.  Then when it comes in to my phone I choose the option to save the media as audio, which it does, and then I can set it as a ringtone.

mmd

My Cell phone has a USB port, but can also have it Bluetoothed over.

Only thing that stinks about my Razr, is that it thinks ANY MP3 is music, and doesn't put it properly in the Ringtone category.
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

Adam

Holy ringtones, Batman!

Here's a ringtone that I made that I'm currently using on my cell phone:

http://www.manufacturediscontinued.com/batring.mp3

I lifted it right from the sound track of the original Batman TV show.  It includes the proper amount of silence on the end so that it repeats in the same cadence that the Bat Phone did on the TV show.

Enjoy!

-Dave Haber
Massapequa Telephone
C*NET 1-798-7619
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Phonesrfun

Cool.

To the bat cave, Robin!
-Bill G

paul-f

Some site visitors have used this clip from Our Man Flint to make a "high priority" ringtone...
   http://www.paul-f.com/flintphone1.wav
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

GusHerb

I've got a 500 ringtone on my iPhone right now, sounds better then most. Yours is really good though. that ringtone on cellphones is a HUGE fad now, so I was thinking of things to be unique about my own ringtone....I thought about the ring of a Trimline....then I just heard someone with that tone the other day...
Jonathan

Adam

How about the sound of a 10V buzzer?

:)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

GusHerb

hahahaha, I might end up throwing my own cellphone in the lake if it buzzed... LOL
Jonathan

McHeath

Try an air raid siren! 

Kenny C

thats what my little brother has a ringtone on his iphone
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010