"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need help with FCC ID for NT telepehones

Started by RotoTech99, April 21, 2018, 12:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I am trying to find some information on NE/NT FCC ID numbers for their telephone sets in rotary and tone, please.

So far I know, NT's FCC code was AB6982, and that TE-R was for rotary sets, and TE-T for tone sets.

The 6 digit second part I'm not so sure on; if any forum member can please provide additional info., I would be thankful.

I've attached a photo from the label on one of my sets as well.
I apologize for the quality, the code on the label from my photo is: AB6982-70136-TE-T.

Thank you
Rototech99

Babybearjs

does the phone companies even require this info anymore? I know in the 1980's you had to register your equipment, but what about now???
John

RotoTech99

Dear Babybjearis:

In response to your question, I hear some do, and, some don't, it depends on how "nitpicky" they like to wbe... (In particular, The Independent Telco.'s here in Oklahoma.)

In my case, this is information i used to have, but have lost my hard copy and computer copies, and I am wanting to restore as much as I can.

As I've mentioned, I've seen the information on photos of NE/NT Chestphones, but the photo was never clear enough to read/verify the number.

If you have or know someone who does have the information I'm looking for, it would if nothing else, let me get my reference information on these updated.

Thank you,
Rototech99

RotoTech99

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 21, 2018, 12:57:02 PM
does the phone companies even require this info anymore? I know in the 1980's you had to register your equipment, but what about now???

kb3pxr

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 21, 2018, 12:57:02 PM

Telcos still have the authority to request it, but in my experience they don't. Combine this with some of the other "abuse" my family has provided the POTS line over the years, usually the only time the phone company ever had a problem with us was when the repair tech had the unfortunate duty to charge for an inside wire repair.

Additionally, the only offending equipment ironically was sold by the phone company.