News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I found the little old lampmaker

Started by Desert Phone Guy, February 29, 2020, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

I was in an antique shop in Flagstaff in northern Arizona Yesterday and stumbled upon these three dial candlesticks.  The two brass ones has a price of $49.95 each on them, and the nickel plated one had a price of $89.95.  Two of them had #4 dials and one had a #2 dial.  Old WE Star Mouthpieces and 706A capsule receivers.  They all looks fairly nice in that the plating and the brass polishing was decent.  There was a hole drilled in each of the three bases for a light switch  (arrgh).

Anyways, I figured I could use them for parts.   I offered the shopkeeper $30 apiece for them.  She said the dealer would never take that.  I suggested that she call the dealer.  She did, and came back and said they would take my offer.

Not a great find, but better than a kick in the shins, as they say.

Picture attached.

Steve Cole

Key2871

For that price I think you did very well! Nice find
Strange bases on them, and what's the part on the receivers, some decorative banding?
KEN

Desert Phone Guy

Yes, the receivers have stick on ornamentation at the top. The bottom bases were fabricated out of brass metal.  they used the same 3 mounting screw positions that an original bottom base cover.

Doug Rose

Very nice Steve....every phone room needs a lamp ....... or three. Really different finds....Doug
Kidphone