News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ship Captains AE phone NOS eBay 220630954985

Started by Doug Rose, July 08, 2010, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is a really cool phone and I feel its priced right. Too rich for me at this moment, but a truly unique phone. ....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Yes, that is one gorgeous phone! This is not the first time it has been listed, I looked at it before, it is also too rich for my budget ;D
But, I thought I would never get a Pink Mushroom phone either ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

gpo706

It's nice, but quite mad looking, I wouldn't know where to put it.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

Actually, thinking about it I'd need the Nautilus to find a suitable space for it to look right, can you imagine Captian Nemo on it?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

Amazing!  I'd love to have it on my desk at work, would be even cooler if instead of ringing it did the intercom whistle. 

But alas, it's too rich for the blood this month. 

Greg G.

It's cetainly a very ornamental phone, but I don't understand why shipping is a whopping $96.68 for UPS ground from Sacramento to Seattle.  That's just plain wrong, I could almost drive there for cheaper.  IF I was to buy it, it would have to be on the condition they use a much cheaper shipping, such as flat rate.  It went w/o a buyer anyway.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Brinybay on July 10, 2010, 02:33:38 PM
It's cetainly a very ornamental phone, but I don't understand why shipping is a whopping $96.68 for UPS ground from Sacramento to Seattle.  That's just plain wrong, I could almost drive there for cheaper.  IF I was to buy it, it would have to be on the condition they use a much cheaper shipping, such as flat rate.  It went w/o a buyer anyway.

Shipping on ebaY items can be rediculous sometimes. That said, looking at all of the pictures, there are two seperate pieces and that box on the end of the big cable looks HEAVY. Being two pieces tied together with a cable, it will need to be really well packed to avoid having the pieces smash one another in transit. It isn't going to fit in any flat rate box either.

DOes anyone know if this is the same one that has been listed and gone unsold several times over the last few months? I thought that the pictures previously showed the various buttons labelled with different areas of a ship. This one looks unused or maybe refurbished.

I've asked the seller about local pickup which he says IS possible. I am now going to bring up the subject with a friend who lives there...

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry....I think this is the third time I have seen this listed. Perfect for the AE Collector....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kidphone on July 10, 2010, 02:51:38 PM
Terry....I think this is the third time I have seen this listed. Perfect for the AE Collector....Doug

I'm not too much into boats and things nautical (although I've been on a cruise ship for two weeks so far this year and another 17 days coming up in October) but these are very unique looking pieces of AECo equipment.

Terry