News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Re: Find of the Month - November 2014

Started by AE_Collector, October 31, 2014, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - November 2014   **** VOTE FOR TWO ****

Fabius' White Ericsson Model 1951 in an ebaY "Make an Offer" -  less than $135 plus shipping
2 (7.4%)
Dsk's new "Hagenuk tabletop payphone" from 1970 for $59 US on a Norwegian auction site
2 (7.4%)
Doug Rose's Manual AE35 MonoPhone that he "stole" for $35.99 & $6.78 shipping BIN on ebaY
7 (25.9%)
Dennis Markham's Etsy find (with Larry's help) - an Oxidized Silver 302 for $175 & $15 shipping
4 (14.8%)
KWilder's Aqua Blue 500U Mushroom Lamp Phone for free in the trash can at work!!!!
18 (66.7%)
AE40Fan's 1955 Soft Plastic Yellow 500 with grey cords for a BIN $43.00 including shipping!
10 (37%)
Andre_janew's WECo Manual 500C on ebaY for 99 cents & $17.90 shipping
2 (7.4%)
Sargeguy's SNET/SO CAL flange sign $235 BIN on eBay +$14.50 s&h
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" for November 2014 here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

Fabius

I was watching the newly listed telephone items popping into eBay and this Ericsson shows up. It was listed by a seller in the Netherlands. It was listed with a "Buy It Now" price and a "Make Offer" option. I made an offer and the seller accepted. I received it today and it is beautiful and in near new condition.

Antique vintage white bakelite Ericsson 11420/2/W telephone 60's
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

For posterity, the seller's description of this great Ericsson phone:

"Straight from being used onto ebay due to the purchase of a digital phone. This 1950's model Ericsson white bakelite telephone model 11420/2/W. This actual phone is dated Dec.1964. This same model was made for quite a few years. Made in Rijen , Netherlands. The telephone is 100% original, complete and in good working order. No breaks or damage to the bakelite. Will look great in your antique or modern interior or your telephone collection."

dsk

;) today I picked up a pretty special phone in mint condition. An Hagenuk tabletop payphone, probably never used. It is specially designed for use in Oslo, so Im nut sure if it will be right to modify it for use here. Nok 400 ($ 59) bought from the seller having this ad:
http://tinyurl.com/kkxy8ds
I have put all the pictures in a payphone thread: http://tinyurl.com/lug6539

dsk

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate Doug Rose's manual AE 35 that he stole, I mean won, ahhhhh, bought on eBay in a BIN auction for $35.00. Nice find, Doug.

The phone is being discussed on the forum at this link:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12961.0

. . . but the phone discussion should be, and most likely will be, moved to a better board once the "wanted" plungers have been found.

AE_Collector

Exactly the middle of Novembers Find of the Month nominations so heres one:

Dennis Markham's Etsy find - an Oxidized Silver 302 in beautiful condition once Dennis cleaned it up. Dennis scored it with LarryInMichigan's help for $175 and $15 shipping.

Here's the discussion in Dennis' "My Elephone Ollection Display":

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13074.0

Terry

Dennis Markham

I appreciate the nomination Terry but I didn't find it, I only bought it.  Larry has to get the credit for this find.

Dennis

TelePlay

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 16, 2014, 07:28:22 AM
I appreciate the nomination Terry but I didn't find it, I only bought it.  Larry has to get the credit for this find.

Dennis

I get your point, Dennis, but according to the topic "rules,"

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.

Since you acquired the phone, you own it and you haven't placed it for sale on eBay, you are the "finder" and Larry gets a big "appreciate it" for not only this discovery (and passing the lead on to you), but also for all of the time he spends looking in so many places for those "rare" phones that are out there, many of them now on his collection shelves. Had Larry bought it, then it would be his find. You bought it so it's your find. And on top of that, it's a great looking phone you saved from the trash heap of history . . .

AE_Collector

We cant stop you from sharing your winnings with Larry if you win the contest this month Dennis. Heck, send it all to Larry, you're just happy to own the phone!

Terry

Dennis Markham

Thanks John and Terry.  Should this phone "win" then I will gladly share the "prize" with Larry. 

Keep hunting Larry for the next one. :)

~Dennis

baldopeacock

That phone is pretty.   I don't recall seeing a nicer one anywhere.   

KWilder

I found this Aqua Blue 500 U Mushroom Lamp Rotary in the trash can!!!!!  SO I was at work and one of the departments was have a gift exchange, and someone had brought in this old telephone as a gag gift. Well after the party it was thrown in the trash. By chance I had pasted by and noticed the phone in the trash picked it up and returned to my desk. I must add that I am an AVAYA PBX administrator so phones are my life. So I began to look on the internet for this phone and to my amazement it turned out to be very rare. So, please enjoy my photos of the restored Aqua Blue 500U rotary I proudly have on display at my home.

Quote from: mentalstampede on November 19, 2014, 05:56:35 PM
This find gets my vote!!! Very nice!

Thanks for your nomination. I am still amazed at my luck in scoring this rare find in the trash can.

------------------

EDIT: This phone is being discussed on the forum at this link:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13111.0

This post was created to nominate the phone as a November 2014 FOTM candidate

Slal

Would AE40Fan's yellow WE 500 count?

Quite a story behind getting a yellow one.  Seems to have met "waiting a long time" as well a good price on eBay for $43.00

Patience and persistence pay off. 

Don't know what the rules or etiquette are for copying and pasting another member's photo.

Topic is here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13098.msg137710#msg137710

" I just won this 1955 Soft Yellow 500 with grey cords for a BIN 43.00 including shipping!"

eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361123015915?

Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!

--Bruce

AE_Collector

Quote from: Slal on November 25, 2014, 10:41:54 AM

Don't know what the rules or etiquette are for copying and pasting another member's photo.

I am no expert but as far as I know, once you post something on the internet, almost anything can happen to it!

Heres the picture:

AE40FAN

Quote from: Slal on November 25, 2014, 10:41:54 AM
Would AE40Fan's yellow WE 500 count?

Quite a story behind getting a yellow one.  Seems to have met "waiting a long time" as well a good price on eBay for $43.00

Patience and persistence pay off. 

Topic is here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13098.msg137710#msg137710

eBay link:
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/361123015915?

Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!

--Bruce

I'm ok with it.  Thanks for the Nomination Bruce!